How is FS 2 beta joined?

• I have been in the iOS and Android mobile betas and have tried to look at the same in FS 2. I have just made up a new PC and "Steam" was totally new to me, getting FS 2 installed at all had been a steep learning curve.

I was unaware of any documentation, advice or forum activity inside "Steam" and happened to discover the beta program by chance long after the FS 2 release. I had thought that this forum was where any sensible Aero information was to be found and now I find myself a bit out in the cold, fairly bewildered and feeling that I have missed the boat.

This page shows how far I have got in trying to make sense out of "Steam" beta, do I need to enter a secret code from IPACS? I don't want to bug Torsten and Co. unnecessarily.

Is the beta running now primarily aimed at the VR community? I didn't get any new automatic downloads recently, there was supposed to be a new update of FS 2 released last Saturday. I realise that Jan's version is from his personal site.

• There is no code that you need to enter that I know of. Just select that you want to participate in betas as you did and select OK if there is a button for that in the lower right corner or just hit "close"... It should then start to download some files and then you have the beta installed.

Cheers,
    Jan

P.S. you already have some nice flying hours on the Aerofly FS 2!
    (I wish that I could add my hours on my work pc, I could easily multiply that by 10 :p:cool: LOL)

Regards,

Jan

• Thanks a lot Jan, I'll see how beta goes in the future. I had received the Saturday update, didn't check the version number.
    My FS 2 hours are pretty good, they include the 747 doing a return trip from Switzerland to California trying out the LNAV function. It is much quicker now with great circles being programed by Aero, I had done a few circum-navigations in mobile but had used rhumb lines for easier navigation. The LNAV even ignores magnetic variation differences so I'll give the north pole region a go again to see if the 180 degrees east/west thing in mobile is fixed here.

West bound, 103.8 nm from 63North80West. The Cape Dorset NDB on Baffin Island is on Nav 1.