Please consider using bump maps for some of the runway/taxiway/terrain textures

• Aerofly FS2 has some of the most realistic imagery and appearance for any flight simulator - especially in VR (as well as smooth performance!!!). There is one concept that I haven't noticed being used yet that I have seen in War Thunder that really adds to the looks of some textures on roads/taxiways/runways/terrains - bump mapping. It also helps with the rivets on the plane's wings. I like to fly low above the ground (please add a heli soon!) and bump mapping helps make areas really look great.

Thanks for such a wonderful flying experience!

Dave
    P.S. Could you provide some palm trees for Southern California

• I am no modeling expert but the one think I love about Aerofly FS 2 is the incredible detail on the planes and I'm pretty sure they use bump or normal mapping for those textures.. When you look on the wing (through Oculus Rift of course) with the sun really low, you get amazing 3D on the surfaces as much as individual rivets:)
    Same goes for runways, they are awesome to look at.. I agree that some areal bump/normal maps for the actual photo scenery would be very nice but you will also need those "photos" in much larger resolution and that is a real challenge m8..

Over and Out

Jay

• Bump mapping is already used on basically all objects in Aerofly FS 2, but we do not use this on aerial images yet.
    We have plans to spice up the aerial images with some kind of extra layers, but we are busy right now with other stuff.

Bump mapping is already used on airplanes and on runways and could also be used on any other objects. If you get out of the airplane into a different view mode that is close to the runway and if you lower the sun, you will see the effect of specular as well as bump maps on the runway.

• IPACS Support,
    Thanks for the feedback and I am glad you are already using bump maps on the aircraft - some more emphatic than others I suppose (the tire squeal marks on the runways are a little underdone maybe) - so it's great that the ability to have them is there for sure. Yes, it would be nice to have a little more bump map definition on the aerial images but at least they are quite sharp - they look better than 1 meter - maybe 0.5 or even 0.25? Thanks again!

Dave

• IPACS Support,
    OK - I concentrated on looking at the wing textures (hit "1" until I am a passenger near a window) on the Learjet and was really impressed at the detail that probably comes from bump maps - the panel line rivets and then the undulations in the panel (the smooth cornered rectangular shapes and the slight imperfections in the paint job) - terrific attention to detail! Then along with true reflections of the clouds ( and ground when inverted) - very nice.

Thanks again

Dave