Steam Aerofly FS, do Aero shop add on planes work and turning off achievement awards?

• Hi, I got the original FS for PC from Steam:cool: and the PC FS section of the forum is gone now!:confused:, is there a way to disable the achievement awards and how can I add the pay aeroplanes such as the Aermacchi MB-339 and the PA-28 Cherokee Archer to the steam FS?

• I don't think they're compatible.

Aerofly Fs 2 really is a whole different animal, though I would be surprised if those planes don't make a reappearance, eventually, with upgraded functionality.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Thanks HiFlyer, don't mean FS 2 planes, the original FS has nice originals such as the Beechcraft Duchess basic piston twin for sale in the FS section of the online Aero shop. Old FS is available in optical disk, online and through Steam. The FS additional pay aircraft are available on line but there is no mention if they are compatible with Steam FS. I have heard that mixing non Steam and Steam software can give problems.
    They can be seen in the IPACS Home section at the bottom of this page.

• Oooops! Sorry I misunderstood.

Ipacs can answer definitively, but I suspect the AFS1 Steam and disk versions are pretty much functionally identical.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• jk1895 thanks for that revealing post, I was totally unaware of those add-ons and I suppose if any if them work in steam then the official IPACS payware has a good chance of working.
    The big Ford taildragger plane is really interesting and the solid scenery objects look really good. The well defined dam walls, radio masts and the visually domineering wind turbines must transform runs up and down the alpine valleys.
    Where did these add-ons come from? It's unfortunate that the FS forum has been retired with FS still on sale.
    There is no Beechcraft Baron in the Steam FS and it's not one of the pay add-ons, any ideas?
    I agree on more planes, can't have too many. I have the Beech Duchess in iOS FS mobile. I love the training IFR screens velcro pieces stuck all over the instrument panel, a screens in situ option would be fun(!).

• Hello,
    I don't know what's going on with this site and who made this. I suppose Jet-Pack is involved. I can't imagine he made all this alone. But I might be wrong. When this is his stuff, then why he isn't porting this to FS2? Maybe he is working for IPACS now and it's not allowed him. Or the demanded quality standard is higher for him as employee and he can't just compile it for FS2 because it needs lots of improving work.
    I don't know and I hope I don't miss the point. English is not my strength. :)