Learjet 45 is in dire need of a performance update

• Hello Jan,

I took the Lear up to FL450 and at full power it is way more than 100 kts too slow, more like 150 kts too slow after a few minutes up there. I looked for some sort of external air anchor to see if I might be towing a drag chute or sometime but I think it is a coding problem. :(

The plane seems to be a lot closer to specs around FL370 - speed wise, and looks more correct. At the upper Flight Level the nose is about 10 degrees, well maybe 9 degrees high. Almost like a final approach attitude. Lower down it is more like it should be.

You know, it really wants to fly fast at FL510. Something really close to 0.81 or 0.82 would be ideal. ;)

Regards,

Ray

• R U sure that you didn't try climb at a too low Mach number? What's your climbspeed IAS/Mach?
    BTW, apart from a few delta winged plane 9-10deg nose up is a WAY too high approach attitude for every conventional airplane.

• It is not the climb performance, it is the level flight at altitude lackluster speed performance. Get there any way you can and see what level the flight performance numbers are for you. I like the 275k/0.70 climb myself.

Regards,

Ray

• It is not the climb performance, it is the level flight at altitude lackluster speed performance. Get there any way you can and see what level the flight performance numbers are for you. I like the 275k/0.70 climb myself.

Regards,

Ray

Probably some drag parameters or turbofan needing fine tuning.

The good news is that apparently it's easy to do it in AEFS2 using a text editor, provided you have access to the correct data...

Limited by Main Thread...

• Hello José,

Yes, using the SDK will be just about the only way to tweak these numbers. We need to wait and see what IPACS comes up with when the updates are distributed. Jan (Jet-Pack) has done a lot of work on the panel and systems for the Lear, I just don't know what was done on the performance side.

My hope is that someone with that magic touch will take a personal interest in the AFS2 Lear and really take it to the next level for systems and performance. The exterior and shell is near perfect already.

The Learjet 45XR should be the spec used for this one.

Regards,

Ray