Requesting input for Avsim review - Aerofly FS2 -

• Hello All,

I am wrapping up my review of the current status of Aerofly FS2 and I realize that I can only gather so much information in 2 weeks.

Because many of the readers will be hearing and seeing images of Aerofly FS2 for the first time, I would like to make sure that I didn't overlook any the key items. I am thoroughly familiar with FSX/FSX:SE and P3D so I tend to compare most everything to what I know about these flight sims.

I would greatly appreciate any and all input from some of you 'oldtimers' that have watch and experienced the growth of AFS2 from the introduction mid last year until this latest edition. I am looking for information from all points of view.

I have read most everything on the forums including all the ga, ga, OMG to the Good, Bad, and Ugly, and everything in-between.

If you should have a bullet list of your favorite features, your wish list for the future, you recommendations for IPACS, and such, please send it directly to me at ray dot FL450 at gmail dot com and don't post it here. I don't want to start a long thread of "this one is so much better than ??? because". I hope you understand.

btw. I now have a ton of screenshots, but if you have that one favorite that you would like for me to include, send it along also (full resolution).

I would like to get the feel for where your folks are flying, your goto airport, and your choice of aircraft. Like me I head for the Lear and Switzerland and favor Samedan in the valleys for a nail-biting approach and Zurich for cake and coffee.

Looking for some good stuff, guy.

Regards,

Ray

EDIT: My first reply started with - Does it have to be an 'oldtimer'? This was from a new, happy AFS2 simmer using VR, so send me your thoughts and experiences.

• One thing I'd suggest, and I'm sure you'll have it well covered, is to emphasise the 'Early Access' part of the whole project. I think sometimes people don't quite grasp what that entails. There are many things that haven't been done yet, and it would be unfair to make direct comparisons with well established titles. Things like the photo water or the lack of ground traffic stand up poorly against more mature titles, but it's hardly right to criticise that at this stage. I'm looking forward to reading your review, I can see you've spent plenty of time researching it. Thanks in advance for your efforts.

i5-12600K/MSI RTX 3080/Win11/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+ Beyer DT990 pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Quest Pro/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals