Utah Update - Trees issue on NVIDIA GTX 1080

• I seem to be having a trees issue after the Utah update.

On 1st use I see trees as various coloured 2 faced (90 degree) crosses that disappear when I get close to them. Note this is the sort of tree display I was using in AutoCad 3d some 20 years ago.

If I change the graphical settings then the software re-initialises and the anomaly goes away. I can change my settings back to normal i.e. back to all on Ultra and the problem is fixed (for that session).

I'm having to do this each time obviously.

Is this possibly because I use all Ultra settings to start with?

Just some feedback for you. Hope you can fix.

Also, this issue I have read from others about "yellowish" ground texturing. That happened to me on the 1st 16GB steam download. It took the approx. 76GB download thereafter to FIX that issue.

Finally, I use Oculus Rift and would like to be a beta tester for your product with the orbx sceneries for which I have about 90%. Please let me know.

Thanks for all your hard work - much appreciated - Bob.

• I also had this problem today ( I have an Nvidia 1050ti 4gb); my tree setting was on low to minimize trees on highways. When I switched my setting to medium and went back to sim problem was resolved. I'll see what happens when I start sim again.

Ken

• Thank you for your feedback. I'll pass this along as there may be an underlying problem that's causing this anomaly.

KenR297, there is already a public beta channel that you can opt into, this is the channel that receives updates that users can test and provide feedback.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• I had a problem with distant trees showing up with bizarre red/yellow/green colors (then fixing on reset) but because I'm using a brand new 1080ti, I thought it might be a driver or heat issue and had not reported it, yet.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• I had a problem with distant trees showing up with bizarre red/yellow/green colors (then fixing on reset) but because I'm using a brand new 1080ti, I thought it might be a driver or heat issue and had not reported it, yet.

Are you just seeing it now (after the GPU upgrade)? I just upgraded one of my testing PC's to the 1080Ti and haven't seen these issues as of yet.

On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Thank you for your feedback. I'll pass this along as there may be an underlying problem that's causing this anomaly.

KenR297, there is already a public beta channel that you can opt into, this is the channel that receives updates that users can test and provide feedback.

Strange... started sim a short time ago to test the tree issue and this time did not see any anomalies. Don't know what to think about that but glad the issues aren't there now. I'll report back if I see them again...

Jeff, I am already in the beta channel... is there a specific forum for that? I'm not quite sure what you're telling me here.

Ken

Ken

• Are you just seeing it now (after the GPU upgrade)? I just upgraded one of my testing PC's to the 1080Ti and haven't seen these issues as of yet.

The GPU upgrade and the issues with the AF download were nearly simultaneous, so there's no real way to tell which might be the root of the problem. I had been experimenting, and would have reported if I found any way to reliably replicate the issue at will.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• It is worth noting that this issue appeared in VR mode. Since then I have had it ONCE in standard 2D monitor mode and now thereafter the issue has gone. I can only assume that the initialisation in VR is related to that FROM standard 2D monitor mode.

Hope my guess is correct and this helps.

Again, I would like to be a beta tester specifically in the VR area. Can you let me know?

Thanks.

Bob.

• It is worth noting that this issue appeared in VR mode. Since then I have had it ONCE in standard 2D monitor mode and now thereafter the issue has gone. I can only assume that the initialisation in VR is related to that FROM standard 2D monitor mode.

Hope my guess is correct and this helps.

Again, I would like to be a beta tester specifically in the VR area. Can you let me know?

Thanks.

Bob.

Internal testing is closed at this point in time. Thank you for your interest though.

Regards,

Jeff