Prop effects overall, in AEFS2 prop aircraft...

• Link to a post I just left at another thread.

http://www.ipacs.de/forum/show…obatics?p=39868#post39868

Yesterday after the huge install, I decided to give all prop aircraft in AEFS2 a go...

Picked the C172 for a start, then the Extra 300, the Pitts, ...

I find, in pretty much all of them, practically no yaw due to prop effects. There's roll, though, somehow even reminding me a lot of X-Plane pre torque-bug fix...

It puzzles me how an Extra 300 requires practically no rudder input to counter the prop torque/ slipstream / p-factor ... both during the takeoff run but also inflight at high AoA / high power settings ?

In the C172 I can fly "all day long" under various regimes, with the T/C ball centered and requiring only rudder input during turns, due to adverse yaw ( ? )

Even thought this might be caused by some sort of "auto-rudder" mode, but it doesn't look like so, unfortunately..., unless that option mentioned in the above linked post may have something to do with it ?

Use your flight simulators with a well defined purpose...

Don't expect them to be "perfect" or to fully cover all aspects of simulated flight...

Try to enjoy it instead of stressing... ( in few words - don't be like me ... )

• The Extra doesn't require a huge amount of rudder IRL as it has a hugely powerful rudder and a lot of prop wash over it to help keep it straight.

The turn and slip indicator in both the Cessna and Extra are nowhere near sensitive enough, I can perposely yaw the aircraft with the rudder and it doesn't seem to make a lot of difference to the ball. That may be one reason why you are not seeing the torque effects as its like trying to measure mms with a yardstick currently ;) but I do agree that the aircraft do feel like they are lacking in torque generally.

• I think the effect of helical propwash on each aerodynamic surface (in this case, the vertical stabilizer) can be tweaked using the PropwashRotation attribute: https://www.aerofly.com/aerofl…aerowing#propwashrotation

I tried playing with that one, but lack or rw data, and the results I obtained, didn't suite very well :-/

Don't expect them to be "perfect" or to fully cover all aspects of simulated flight...

• What are the results? Does the prop-induced yaw increase?

Nope, at least based on the observation of the TC ball. Maybe the limitation is on the physics of the TC ?

• I think I tried it some time ago in the C172 on AeroflyFS 1, and the yaw due to propwash increased.

I will keep trying, also with the prop thrust and drag parameters. Maybe something changed in AEFS2 ( ? )