Aerofly FS 2 Not Opening - Can I D/Load Again & Reinstall?

• I had AFS 2 running ok then added via Steam another Flight Sim that was recently released.

When I open Steam I can see both Flight Sims with the option to start either.

However, AFS 2 won't start now, the other one will.

Can I uninstall AFS 2 & D/Load it again & reinstall to see if that clears things up?

Thanks
    T45

• It seems I have the same problem. After starting the sim my screen immediatly turns off, I even cannot switch off the pc. This have to be done by disconnecting the power. Atfer restarting everything is ok, but starting Aerofly 2 only results into the same problem. I really don't know what to do.

AMD FX-8320 8 core Radeon R9-200

• Did you try to run Aerofly FS2 from the main executable to see if that works? Try running directly from the Aerofly FS 2 desktop shortcut to see if that works.
    If you don't have/ or deleted the shortcut, locate the Aerofly FS2 Flight Simulator folder in your Steam Common folder, locate the Bin64 folder. Inside the Bin64 folder you will find the main Aerofly FS2 exe. Run it.

Also make sure that there are no special parameters in Steam to run either the other sim or this one.

Also, are you trying to play thin in VR or 2D?

I'm confident that you will not have to re-install FS2.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• From bin64 I ran aerofly_fs_2.exe. (5/13/2017, 7,303 KB)

It went into a cycle of showing a small black screen with wording "Aerofly is Starting", that lasts about 4 seconds then disappears.
    Then re-appears, the disappears & then comes back - - I let it run 30 minutes in case there was a major D/Load going on, but have come to the conclusion it is stuck in a"loop"

All was ok until I installed the other FSim, & Steam got in the middle of everything.

Incidentally, the other FSim is crashing the PC after about 5 minutes of operating.
    Perhaps I should have stuck to AFS2.:)
    Any help appreciated.

• From bin64 I ran aerofly_fs_2.exe. (5/13/2017, 7,303 KB)

It went into a cycle of showing a small black screen with wording "Aerofly is Starting", that lasts about 4 seconds then disappears.
    Then re-appears, the disappears & then comes back - - I let it run 30 minutes in case there was a major D/Load going on, but have come to the conclusion it is stuck in a"loop"

All was ok until I installed the other FSim, & Steam got in the middle of everything.

Incidentally, the other FSim is crashing the PC after about 5 minutes of operating.
    Perhaps I should have stuck to AFS2.:)
    Any help appreciated.

This is rather odd. Maybe the new sim installed/updated some of your GPU settings or changed something on your PC? Also, make sure that you have the latest graphics drivers installed for your GPU.

What are your system specs by the way? Also, are you using VR or not?

We will do our best trying to resolve this for you.

On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Thanks Jeff
    Not using VR.
    Will check the GPU driver situation & find the specs & do some more digging around/ testing.
    T45

Also, just to be sure , run a Steam file integrity check on Aerofly FS 2 to insure nothing got corrupt on you.

Regards,

Jeff

• Not sure how to run the Steam File Integrity check, but FS2 starts up & is running ok now after:

Installed GeForce Driver v382.23 & some Win7 updates.
    Noticed after that that Aerofly_FS_2.exe was showing as 6/1/17, 7,231 KB, so somewhere in all of the updating the .exe changed.

Sys: i5 4690k @ 3.50 GHZ; 8.0 GB RAM; Nvidia Ge Force GTX 1060 6GB

Thanks for your help.
    T45

• PeterL2; Great to hear that you problem was resolved. English is fine, fully understood you :)

treetops45; Glad that worked. Enjoy!

Regards,

Jeff