Moving AFS 2 from HD to SSD??

• I just did it. Very easy. Tell steam to use other folders as app locations. Then settings on fs2 gives the option to move the local files. Can't remember the exact menu options but i found it via google. Steam can store games in multiple folders on multiple drives.

• In the upper left corner of your Steam Library click "Steam" then 'Settings" then on the new box that opens, choose "Downloads" then click on "Steam Library Folders"

You will then have the option to create a new Steam library folder on a different drive.

Once that is complete, return to the Steam library, then right click on the game you want to move and choose "Properties"

Under "properties" choose "Local Files" and then choose "Move Install Folder"

Choose your newly created folder and Click "Move Folder"

Done.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Ok
    Thanks
    Out of curiosity, will that also move the Orbx/AFS 2 Lowi I installed the other day?
    tt45

• Yes it should.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Got through to "Create a new Steam Library on a different drive", but when I go to do that, it only shows me the drive that Steam is currently on.
    So I am stuck, can't see the other drive that I want to move it all to.
    Any thoughts ?
    tt45

• When you created the new steam library folder, did you leave the name exactly as it was? It has to remain "SteamLibrary" or it probably won't be seen as legitimate.

Devons rig