Have I backed the right horse

• After reading a number of posts today, I'm sorry to say I am getting very confused as to who is the profession company that's keeping us interested in AFS2.

It started with a bang (Innsbruck and Meig's) now what. Reading one post, it insinuates that we the buyer is asked to keep this going by producing scenery, so where have Orbx disappeared to, and IPACS.

I'm sorry but can someone tell me if I've gone off course. I hope I'm wrong and have in fact, backed the right horse.

Jim.

Computer: PB Gaming 62000 Skylake Core i5 6600, Quad Core 3.3Ghz with Premium Cooling, 16GB DDR4 Gaming Ram, 250GB SSD, 2TB HHD, N'VIDEA GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5, DIRECTX12 Gaming Graphic's Card, VR Ready, Windows10 Home Edition, 64bit, 2 x 24" Widescreen HDMI 1080p VDU's

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Amateur Radio Station: ZL2BMH

• Aerofly FS2 is still fully under development and there will be much more to be released in future updates.

Following the ORBX partnership with IPACS and their inauguration releases of LOWI and Meigs Field, there is a lot going on regarding upcoming updates. One update is a much anticipated release of the Dash 8 Q-400 aircraft. At the same time, there is building anticipation around the upcoming new GeoConvert tool, which is a part of the SDK program to allow for more user interaction within Aerofly FS2. This new tool will allow for any user to make their own scenery for FS2 and put it into the sim using a fairly easy process.

IPACS isn't asking the community to make scenery for FS2, but rather will be providing a tool to do so if you may choose.

ORBX will continue to make wonderful scenery for Aerofly moving forward, and as development continues, expect even more great things coming in the future.

You have certainly chosen the correct horse here :)

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Great reply Jeff, you could not have answered it more fully, plus now I have a pretty idea what the geocovert tool does.

Again, thanks Jeff.

Jim.

Computer: PB Gaming 62000 Skylake Core i5 6600, Quad Core 3.3Ghz with Premium Cooling, 16GB DDR4 Gaming Ram, 250GB SSD, 2TB HHD, N'VIDEA GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5, DIRECTX12 Gaming Graphic's Card, VR Ready, Windows10 Home Edition, 64bit, 2 x 24" Widescreen HDMI 1080p VDU's

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Amateur Radio Station: ZL2BMH

• It started with a bang (Innsbruck and Meig's) now what.

Jeff already answered your question but in addition: it didn't start with a bang. That may seem to be the case to you because it seems to me you jumped on board a short while before LOWI and Meigs were released. But Aerofly FS 2 isn't and can't be expected to be a continuing series of 'bangs'. ;) Aerofly is being developed carefully end thoughtfully and during the last year (Aerofly wasn't released last May!) there has been a bang every few months or so. The biggest bang being (imho) the release of LOWI and Meigs. You simply were lucky to jump on board at the time a bang was coming. ;) The next bang will be the release of the Dash (and the update that comes with it). And the next bang after that might well be new scenery from Orbx but beware that this may take quite some time, maybe half a year or so!

In short: as long as you don't mind not getting a bang every week you can rest assured you are backing the right horse. I surely am. No other sim is worth backing anyway imho LOL