Tile/image is inverted

• Hi all,

Could someone please point me in the right direction.

I have followed all directions I have found on this forum (thanks to all) but for some reason the image is not right.

I am lined up with RWY 35 (Northerly) the compass is aligned but tile/image is inverted (somehow)

How might this happen?

• Official Post

Have you followed the tutorials on the Wiki?

If inverted, you might have your coordinates reversed. You need to follow lon/lat converted to decimal (x.xx format) in your TMC

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Hi Jeff,

This is what I have in the TMC file:

<[file][][Canberra Airport]

<[tmcolormap_regions][][]

<[bool] [write_ttc_files][true]>

<[string8][folder_destination_ttc][./scenery/images/]>

<[bool] [always_overwrite][true]>

<[list][region_list][]

<[tmcolormap_region][element][0]

<[uint32] [level] [13]>

<[vector2_float64] [lonlat_min] [149.21 -35.32]>

<[vector2_float64] [lonlat_max] [149.17 -35.28]>

>

>

>

>

Thanks for assisting :)

Handy cultivation tools

Windows 10 64bit | iCore7-7770K| ASUS STRIX Z270E |KHX2400C15D4 - 32GB | Gigabyte Ge-Force GTX 1080Ti| SSD Intel 520 Series | 40" Philips BDM4065UC/75 4K - Oculus Rift

• Official Post

Try it again but reverse the coordinates to: -35.32 149.21 and -35.28 149.17

The system is set up to reverse the lat/lon so you need to put in the coordinates as lon/lat.

On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Official Post

I'm going to assume you have only one time for your project?

In the 'input_aerial_images' folder you should have one image file and one TFW file. Once the convert finishes you will see files in the 'scenery\mages' folder

Regards,

Jeff

• Official Post

Yes, those are what you need. The conversion worked properly. Just throw them into a folder and place the folder into your '\Documents\Aerofly FS 2\scenery\images' folder

Regards,

Jeff

• Official Post

So you ran the job again after you changed the coordinates in the TMC file like I mentioned to you? Also, you emptied the old files from your scenery\images folder before you ran the geoconvert tool?

Regards,

Jeff

• When I changed the co-ordinates like you asked I got 0 from 0 tiles converted. (see image above) - yes I followed all instructions as I would a check list :)

Handy cultivation tools

Windows 10 64bit | iCore7-7770K| ASUS STRIX Z270E |KHX2400C15D4 - 32GB | Gigabyte Ge-Force GTX 1080Ti| SSD Intel 520 Series | 40" Philips BDM4065UC/75 4K - Oculus Rift

• This is like my fifth attempt and I am getting the same results each time. I will start again from scratch and let you know how I go.

Thanks for your time Jeff, much appreciated.

Handy cultivation tools

• Official Post

OK, this is odd then. I would first suggest you make a larger area (more than one image file) as this might be causing an issue not seen yet. I would also add at least a couple more levels into your TMC.

Make sure that you have the correct NW and SE corners. Your TMC should look like this:

Regards,

Jeff

• Just followed the exact same process (one image file) for Sydney Airport and it worked fine. NOTE: longitude latitude.

<[file][][Sydney Airport]

<[tmcolormap_regions][][]

<[bool] [write_ttc_files][true]>

<[string8][folder_destination_ttc][./scenery/images/]>

<[bool] [always_overwrite][true]>

<[list][region_list][]

<[uint32] [level] [9]>

<[vector2_float64] [lonlat_min] [151.16 -33.92]>

<[vector2_float64] [lonlat_max] [151.20 -33.98]>

>

<[uint32] [level] [11]>

>

<[uint32] [level] [12]>

>

<[uint32] [level] [13]>

>

>

>

>

Handy cultivation tools

• Official Post

Were the runways aligned up properly this time?

It does take some time to get it all right but once you do it's not really that difficult.

It looks like it came out good.

Regards,

Jeff

• I just saw this thread and need to report my findings on this issue - if you are getting a reversed image (north to south), check your AIC files for a missing minus sign:

Example:

<[file][][]

<[tm_aerial_image_definition][][]

<[string8][image][Area_Lm1_SnapOff_N032482771_N032472018_W089074374_W089072288.bmp]>

<[string8][mask][]>

<[vector2_float64][steps_per_pixel][3.57627868652344e-06 -2.68220901489258e-06]> <<====The second parameter needs to be negative

<[vector2_float64][top_left][-89.1288185119629 32.807699739933]>

<[string8][coordinate_system][lonlat]>

<[bool][flip_vertical][false]>

>

>

-------------------------------------

I'm not sure how this happens - which tool generates the AIC file.

Dave

• Official Post

Dave, during the geoconvert process the AIC files are made from the TFW files. So, in theory the process goes like this for users of FSET; INF (raw directly from FSET) to TFW (converted by the inf2tfw application) to AIC (done automatically during the geoconvert process) .

Regards,

Jeff