Posts by Spit40

This can be ignored. The converter tries to convert all images in the folder, but the background bmp isn't needed other than for visual reference. This error does no harm. You could put your background image in a subfolder- i do.

yes thanks Phil i looked at Rodeo's video again and managed to get the numbers into the runway, Querty provided me with the decals that work and i sued that, i got the numbers and was able to change things on the runway using the decal template, however now the runway is floating above the original (photoreal) runway, something i must have accidentally one

oh well time to look at this tomorrow as i am going to bed soon

night !

Admirable perseverence! I did a lot of inspecting KDWH 'Y' settings and matching them on my own runway, though I was never sure how important it was.

Orbx, Aerosoft (selling the DVD and a small German island scenery sometime soon), and who next I wonder?

KJKsimmer has a suspicion about Caranedo that hasn't been refuted. I just remember that around this time last year we got New York, and wow how good was that? It seems that IPACS sometimes hold back on a few things to help a new partner bring a product to market with extra bells and whistles to help them get a good commercial response. I suspect cold'n'dark is another thing (amongst other areas of cockpit functionality) which is 99.9% complete and IPACS is going to allow a 3rd party aircraft partner to be the one to present it to the world as part of a new aircraft.

Before Christmas?

hello Querty

this information above has really helped me get the decals in, however i have two problems,

1 how do i increase the width of the decal so in the night time the runway lights are the corresponding width of the runway and 2 i am having problems actually putting the numbers into the decals at the end of the runways.

Are you using the new decal TIF that Rodeo provided earlier in this thread. The one in the download zip is dodgy and doesn't show numbers. As for stretching and sizing the width, the video covers that quite well. Is that not working for you?

Just to add my experience since the last update, my cultication buildings flash like crazy in VR but only when looking from certain angles. Also i'm regularly getting an hour glass freeze which last for about 3 seconds. I've been doing short flights of 10 mins or so to test some things and each time i get a freeze.

ok so i tried another airport, a smaller one and once i put the alignment back as it was and then go to the flightsim again the runway is not in the proper position, don't know what is going on.

just to work out where its going wrong, why not start from scratch again and screenshot each time a major change occurs to placement and orientation. You have a major orientation problem at some point.

hello Querty also i noticed when i played back the scenery in AFS2 all the ground area was sunken so i think i must have clicked something because that area as lower than the normal terrain in the area.

Aha! I know the sunken ground problem. It needs to be in the troubleshooting list this one. Make sure that you are labelling the airport and runway object groups correctly with double underscore

Don't worry Cavendish, there are new things on their way, including more complexity in the aircraft to play around with.

Leaving early access doesn't mean we're stopping development, quite the opposite actually.

Is the team growing? That would be encouraging to hear as there is so much demand due to the huge functionality gap between FS2 and "legacy" platforms. I get the feeling inhouse and 3rd party aircraft development is ramping up and we know the same is true of scenery. How about resources on core stuff?

I've done a few 5 storey buildings and planned to add some skyscrapers by making 10 or 20 storey versions of those commercial buildings, but have you noticed that multistorey cultivation flickers in the lower 2 layers? My method was to make a kml using google earth and use it to add a 'tallbuilding' attribute to treat certain buildings differently. Guess it would be nice to introduce randomness but i didn't work out how to do that. The flicker has put me off progressing on this.

I wonder what happens if I eliminate the signal pins of the usb connector from the goggles and only use the USB connector for power. That's where the inertia sensor and audio circuit communicates with the PC. I can try using a power supply on the USB.

Try it - I've wondered the same. I presume you mean with rig mounted sensor. I suspect there will be quite a few areas of lost positioning.

hello Phil

As you can see the runway is as per the background image, (image sourced from fset) but when i put it in the sim it is not overlaid under the original runway, see pictures a few posts up.

I'm trying to determine what the variance is. Is it 90 degrees out, or is it out by the approximate amount you rotated for mesh alignment? I take it there is rotational misalignment, not just a shift due to centre point differences?