Posts by Jetjockey10

Guess I might have to cheat with the Starfighter, add some extra thrust whilst no one is looking 8)

I remember seeing an autographed photo of one of the F-104 test pilots that had 116,000 feet written next to his signature. I don’t think they did anything special to the 104 like they did for the Streak Eagle just to break records. Just got to have a really cold day and everything tuned to peak.

Regards,

Ray

I was so overjoyed to hear this:

[QUOTE]

I can tell you that the R22 is currently in testing and looking really good. Look for some screenshots by myself or Jan soon, and a release shortly thereafter.

Hang in there please, there is a light at the end of this tunnel :)

Regards,

Jeff

[QUOTE]

that I fired up the F-15E Strike Eagle at Creech AFB, drained the aux tanks dry, pointed it at the moon, lit the afterburners and set a new personal best altitude record - 104,840 feet. That is 31,955 meters. I was so busy that I forgot to check my time passing 30,000 m, heck I might have broken that record also.

It sure is quiet up there. I think the engine gave up the ghost somewhere around 65,000 feet. I did a restart coming back down when I passed 30,000 feet - you never know for sure if they are going to come back to life. That is why I chose the stay fairly close to Groom Lake, just in case.

Evidence below.

Regards,

Ray

Ray, we have all participated in formatting the templates. The problem is that every single one of us are tied up with way more important tasks and it's not that easy to give you these templates to work off of.

Exactly, that was covered in the "as we are all guessing" was the case, except I thought it was just Marc as he is the one that is associated with the uploaded Paint Kits. Now it is no longer a guess. everyone is involved.

I suppose it is fair to say, we all understand and are sympathetic to the pace of the internal workload, but, being on the outside looking in, we are hungry for any crumbs you might drop our way in the way of information or status. But, you already know that because someone will post something similar every day.

Each day I log on to the forum just hoping "today is the today" for the next update or R-22 release. One day it will happen, and I hope it is sooner than later. Then, once that is all sorted out, maybe, just maybe we will see a trickle of Paint Kits and new liveries. :)

Anyway, thanks for the response. :P

Regards,

Ray

There is no problem doing repaints without a template. It just takes longer, since you need to workout the textures by using colored, marked pattern.

I have done it with the Extra and can now make my own liveries, putting my sequence into the cockpit and change the registration. The result can be downloaded on flight-sim.com and I provide also my livery as a template.

If you can do new liveries with an official template you can do it also without.

Of cause it is easier to eat from the silver plate. But everything needed is there and even the chili eaten from a wooden plate can taste much better if you worked hard before. ;)

I sure wish you would get interested in flying the F-15E Strike Eagle and decide that you would like to have a generally white with a little blue NASA livery. After admiring your creative work you could then make the repaint available to us AFS2 users. dream on, Ray.

Regards,

Ray

My understanding, feeble as it may be, is that one of the primary developers is "the one" that has been making the Paint Kits and uploading them for our personal use. This is Dr. Marc Borchers.

However, I occasionally read tidbits of other team members making specific liveries or repaints that become official default liveries.

I have never read anyplace that we would not be receiving new or additional Paint Kits for the default aircraft. I expect that it is as we all are guessing - a matter of priorities with the Paint Kits someplace lower on the list than the R-22 and ATC and Weather and Water and 3D object libraries, and updates to the SDK, and a few other things.

NOTE: I would like to see a Paint Kit for the F-15E Strike Eagle. :)

Regards,

Ray

Thanks for the RW info. I did not even notice if the AOA was working in our AFS2 model. I will check it out.

Regards,

Ray

Jan,

Could you talk to Marc and see if we can get the F-15E added to the Repaint Kit list? We really do need some civilian repaints for a military plane without weapons.

Regards.

Ray

Jan,

Anyone know what is feeding the two NAV sources along the bottom of the MFD in the F-15E - TCN on the bottom left and NAV on the bottom right. They are moving/changing as I fly but it is not obvious what they are tracking. I am using a NAV plan generated within AFS2 and manually following the green route at the top right. Can these NAV displays be used somehow as part of the navigation until the first update comes along?

Regards.

Ray

The NAV and TCN buttons display moving data with distance and direction, is there some way to identify the stations? Looks like this could be useful if we knew more about the sources and selections.

Regards,

Ray

Thanks Jan. Sounds odd that there wouldn't be but, it doesn't take but a few minutes to get up there. Is the ALT button the middle on the left side of the UPC?

Regards,

Ray

Ah and make sure to switch from RDR (radar) to baro hold as needed

Now there is a good reason to work on the font display. It just looks like garbage until you zoom in close enough to see the RDR. Thanks.

Regards,

Ray

If we are going to fly to and from the home bases it would be nice to have a few friendly static planes at these locations. ^^

Regards,

Ray

Nellis AFB in Nevada has a ramp full of low res F-15s that came with the DLC but the statics are not available for copying. Luke AFB near Phoenix also has these low res statics. Wish we could gain access to them until some better models become available.

Regards,

Ray

Is there paint kit for the F-15E Strike Eagle?

Something similar to one of these NASA liveries would be more in line with our civilian version (No missiles or bombs). White aux fuel tanks would be outstanding with the NASA blue and white paint job.

Regards,

Ray

I found Marc’s Paint Kits hiding in full sight, however, the F-15E is not among them. Please add this one to your todo list. 🙂

Regards,

Ray

Jan,

Anything to make it easy to read would be greatly appreciated. The intent is to be able to just glance at the text to confirm or verify, not to spend time trying to figure out what is or isn't displayed.

Regards,

Ray

It appears that the flat sided letters when placed next to each other are the culprit. STR looks fine but ALT HOLD. ADR, and the numbers on the bottom row are really difficult to read. But, yes, spacing would certainly improve the readability. Maybe a touch of bold and brightness would also help.

Regards,

Ray