Posts by Hartman

In my opinion you do not have to cover all area's in between airports, not in the first place anyway. But that is just my opinion :)

In fact, I totally agree. I have considered the same. :)

But often the tile around an airport hangs together with the surrounding area. For example, clouds, discoloration, etc. in the "airport-tile" extend beyond adjacent tiles. But I will again consider your proposal in which I see it appropriate.

So maybe I'm bouncing around a bit. .... ;)

Also - any idea which direction you are planning to continue covering the Orthos?

No, do you? :D

Seriously. It depends on several things. If I have a lot of energy, free time and are extra motivated - I attack the worst "ortho-areas" (some of the areas you mention are really bad). I plan to continue with a "flight corridor" from Hamar and up to the starting point (Aalesund). Time will show. ;)

But first, a short trip south ........ to make Deltawing happy. :)

Just wanted to say a big thanks to Hartman for all the work you are putting into making my country of birth, such an enjoyable place to fly in using AFS2! I have now downloaded and installed all the Norwegian content - Lofoten, Bardufoss, Bodo and Southern Norway, and it is just incredible to experience it, in all it's glory in wide field-of-view VR at 90 FPS!

Thank you Ozav8r, for your inspiring and kind words. :)

Can you make a chart for Southern Norway where you show the numbering "tiles" of ALLthe scenery produced, so that one can get a grasp of what is available and what is yet to come?

I'm not sure what you mean. It is not easy to make a static overview as the number of remaining tiles is decreasing. At each area (for example South Norway_21 Hamar) I enclose a map showing the relevant area (with number). The remaining tiles are marked with red squares on the map. Or are you thinking of something else?

Also wondering - flying with the cultivation in the Northern Parts is even much more enjoyable so, is there a plan to build cultivation for Southern Norway at some point?

It will depend on my motivation. And not least on good tools. I am no expert on making cultivation. In any case, I will first prioritize getting South Norway covered with ortho ....

but from up close it was of course very obvious that you were flying on top of a "photograph" of the real world

Yes, especially over flat areas such as eastern Norway. It is in flat areas that cultivation is most important. With mountains and fjords, some of that impression disappears. I believe that trees and forests should be the first priority (Especially near airports where we fly low). It has the greatest effect in reducing the feeling of flying over a photo. Then buildings (which are smaller objects than trees). Imagine if we could pick a forest map of Norway. Feed it into a software - which then created the forests for Aerofly FS2. Dreams ..... 8)

So, first of all - let me know where and how I can show my appreciation with a PayPal donation or otherwise.

Thank you for your generosity - but I do it for free. But if you want - you can donate to flight-sim.org (https://flight-sim.org/index.php?donation/) - which allows us to download a lot of freeware. :)

For those who are somewhat technically interested.

The picture shows some of the process north of Hamar - where the clouds leave the ortho - and rise. As soon as the fog has lifted I will upload a new area (3 airports). ;)

All the clouds have now moved where they belong - far above the ground. Therefore South Norway_21 Hamar is now ready for download. :)

The Viking Ship ("Vikingskipet"), officially known as Hamar Olympic Hall (just off the waterfront).

The cloud battle over Norway continues ...

Example of tile before and after processing = time consuming.

But - our Norwegian friend in Australia who feels homesick - can soon prepare for a new download. :)

I have discovered an error in the folder: "norway_062_hokksund".

Please remove the old "norway_062_hokksund" folder - and replace it with this new updated (version 2) folder "norway_062v2_hokksund".

While we all want to see more users to switch to Aerofly, you tell the (already small) player group to switch over?

No. Then you misunderstand what I am trying to convey. :)

If you simply must have 120 FPS - then shift over to Aerofly FS2. If you need a PMDG study-level aircraft - you must select a simulator other than Aerofly FS2. If you must have VR - do not select the upcoming MSFS, etc ... The ideal simulator that covers all needs - does not exist. Neither do the new upcoming MSFS.

That's why I buy all the flight simulators I'm interested in. And currently, Aerofly FS2 is my preferred flight simulator.

Each time I get access to steamdb, I’ll get shocked and frustrated because Aerofly is always the game with least players online on the list. Usually no more than 50 globally. GLOBALLY!!!

Almost every time I start up Aerofly FS2 - I choose Steam "Offline Mode". What does it mean in this context? ;)

As long as Aerofly FS2 does not have Multiplayer - "players online" is not very relevant. What matters - is whether IPACS is comfortable with the financial statements (income vs. expenses). My impression from the outside is that they have good control. And I support quality over quantity - even though I know that quality is time consuming.

Aviation lovers are not satisfied with beautiful landscapes and high fps ... They want realism and aerofly is very far from having it ...

For me - "beautiful landscapes and high fps" - is very important - and means increased realism. Flightsim has been a hobby for me since the 1980s - and I know all about "slideshow" (stutters). And "slideshow" is for me a "sim-killer".

They are very far from prepard .. Xplane and MFS2020 ... They should work more on the mobile version .. There they have a lot of potential .. Because in the pc version they are very far from the others

Listen carefully - because maybe I'm just saying it only once ..... :)

IPACS has again, and again, and again, and again ..... said that they understand our wishes for Aerofly FS2. How many times do we then need to repeat the same thing over and over again?

IPACS has repeatedly said that they are trying to create the best flight simulator they can make. If you think that FSX / FSX-SE, P3D, X-Plane, etc. are better for you - then switch over.

For simplicity - imagine that there are 100 customers in the world today who use flight simulators. Today most people use FSX / FSX-SE, P3D, X-Plane. But - a large survey shows that there are in addition 100 -200 potential customers who WANT to start with flight simulation. Some of these try - but give up because it's too complicated (steep learning curve).

As a small example. Now - over at Avsim - some are worried about how to get the new upcoming MSFS installed on a disk other than C-disk - using Microsoft's "coercive procedure". "Uaahhh - it's so complicated."

Unlike most flight simulators, the Aerofly FS2 is easy to get started with (Plug and Play). Yes - you can even let the co-pilot complete and show you a flight from takeoff to landing. IPACS knows what they are doing - and they are doing it in their own way. We do not need more of the same (FSX / FSX-SE, P3D, X-Plane) - but rather something unique. :saint:

Also many people want study level aircraft’s, which are currently not offered for Aerofly.

Yes, Aerofly FS2 is designed for the large mass. Easy to get started (Plug and Play). The small minority with their microscope - should choose another simulator.

All flight simulators have their strengths and weaknesses. Content that suits one enthusiast - does not suit the other, etc. Regardless, it will be interesting to see what the new MSFS can deliver. But I think many have unrealistic expectations.