Posts by edpatino

It's a nice feature if properly set. But according what I read (and believe) the optimum value will also be machine dependet (screen size, resolution, and maybe more) thus it certainly needs a bit of trial and error to get it right.

Kind regards, Michael

Yes, indeed, installed the newest NVIDIA driver 441.41 on my laptop running Prepar3Dv4.5hf2 and the sharpening feature works really nice with P3D. Had to lower the default settings from 0.50/0.17 to 0.35/0.17 to have the correct sharpening in my monitor. Now P3D looks really good overall, really good!.

Have not tested yet with Aerofly, but I believe it will not do much mainly because AFS2 has already a good and sharpened graphics by default.

Cheers, Ed

Ok, thanks to pointing this out. I missed that one at AVSIM. Interesting.

I'll probably not do big things with Aerofly FS 2, but it seems that improves P3D a lot as I read.

Cheers, Ed

You should contact support at the product website, Karl (author) will be glad to help you.

Cheers, Ed

Until then you will have to supply the API key by adding '--apikey "YOURAPIKEYHERE"' to your desktop link. See https://github.com/fboes/aerof…o-the-desktop-application on how to do that.

Thanks for the help. I'm supplying the API key as explained in your documentation, between quotes, as you suggest, but when I hit apply in the properties dialog what I get is an error message saying the supplied name is invalid, and that I have to check if the path and the filename are correct.

See attached (I probably have a typo or something - the key is incomplete on purpose).

Cheers, Ed

Oh and another question: what does "holding" mean inside the "plane information and options" menu?

I strongly suggest downloading the RC manual, available at its website. It contains useful information about all the features and will most probably respond all your current (and future queries).

Cheers, Ed

And yes, ATC is finally here for Aerofly FS 2!.

Thanks to Karl, we all have now the possibility to hear departure, ground, tower, enroute and initial and final approach controllers for our flights like in the real world. This was a long-time requested feature for AFS2. We can also be able to hear the "chatter", as other pilots are also requesting clearance, ground operations and vectors during their flights, so no more the feeling of being alone in the AFS2 skies.

Apart from what is already said by the other members of the beta team, AFS2 RC ATC also provides some kind of control over the visibility part of the weather, that increases very much the realism of the simulation. Everybody should try it.

Make sure you download the manual of Radar Contact v4, something you can do right now if you wish to start getting used to this interesting program (and necessary to make all this to work together). Keep the manual at hand to better know the capabilities of this ATC app. Once you get accustomed with Radar Contact you'll find it's very intuitive, reliable and complete. As Karl mentioned, the initial setup of Radar Contact is the most challenging part of the overall task, so please read carefully the instructions that will be provided in that regard. The rest is really quite easy.

You'll also need to have at hand a good external flight planner, in order to fill your IFR flight plans, that will be essentially followed by AFS2 RC ATC and of course, your controllers from the departing to the destination airports. We used during the beta testing phase a neat, very capable and surprisingly freeware flight planner available on the net called "Little Navmap" (probably users of P3D and XP already know and have used it). If you haven't downloaded it yet you could do it now to start getting familiar with it, and make sure you also download its manual, even if the program is very intuitive.

A final word: Once you have ATC running with AFS2, you'll see you'll never do a serious flight again without using AFS2 RC ATC!.

Cheers, Ed