Posts by Ozav8r

Very nice indeed, to have a crack at the Mach-loop in a F15 on AFS2!!! This is the stuff legends are made of. A colleague at my airline used to fly Tornado’s for the RAF, and I have invited him over for a go! Will report his findings once he’s been here. I did notice that you get right up to the edge of the Ortho on the southern edge of the loop, and was wondering if there’s plans afoot to complete the adjoining Southern tile(s)?

It would also be great to get an airport in the vicinity, to launch from - or perhaps there’s one there that I’ve misssed?

Another cool addition to this scenery would be to add the “visual signposts in the sky” that can be toggled on and off in AFS2, to have the turning points easily identifiable. It would be a great aid for noobies to the Mach-loop!

Anyways - thanks for all your effort Michael - truly appreciated!

Excellent news!!! Sing out if you need a hand with development - I have extensive experience ( and LOTS of love for) the trippler. Even though I’m currently on the “dark side” (flying A330), my last airplane was the -300ER and I have more than 4.000 hours on type.

I think I can say the same as ftpleta2. The logical thing is that reports more precisely where to find the "zip" for download. The message "The link is in the original post." Is not an answer. It costs nothing to be more precise.

Regards: Delfin

Why in the world is that not an answer? You just scroll back up to the orininal post on the same web-page you’re on, and THERE is the download link. How about some gratitude and manners towards someone who’s put down hundreds of hours and made this freely available for our enjoyment?

Er... Lukla is nice but the best, most detailed...? I suppose it's very personal but although the five main airports are on par with for instance Orbx Innsbruck they are a lot smaller and the surrounding textures are mostly (extremely) low res and sometimes even rasterized... Houses and trees stick out very obviously all over the place... I do enjoy flying around it with visibility set below medium but Orbx's airports are all better and so is TrueEarth Netherlands. Imho. Lukla is nice to have because it portrays a part of the world you won't find too often in a flightsim but I mainly bought it because there hardly are any add ons for AFS2 and to support development of the sim by 3rd parties. Even IPACS's Florida looks a lot better than Lukla.

I should have added that I say this from the POV of flying almost exclusively in VR. I disagree that TrueEarth Netherlnds is better though. It has much coarser textures on buidings and terrain. again as viewed in VR, but obviously covers a bigger land area etc.. Not my intention to engage in hyperbole, but I am genuinely blown away by Lukla for AFS2!

Cannot understate the greatnes of the new Lukla scenery - possibly the best, most detailed scenery I have seen for any sim-platform. We are still hankering for a helicopter capable of exploring the scenery in full, but the R22 can hover in ground effect around Lukla and with a bit of coaxing (and willfully ignoring low-RPM warnings;-)) you can set it down on rooftops and courtyards in the vicinity. Would also suggest you check out the Dornier taildragger available for free - lot’s of fun!

What a spectacular scenery this is!!! Sets a new bar for not only Aerofly but also the competing platforms! Resolution, detail and complexity are all second to none, and the frame rates in VR remains smooth as butter. The R22 can hover in ground effect around Lukla and just bout every rooftop in the airport precinct has now been structurally “tested” by yours truly. Huge fun and crossing fingers a heli capable of proceeding up towards Everest Basecamp will eventually become available or Aerofly. In the meantime, there are a number of fixed wing aircraft that can open up the higher regions for exploration. Both the F18 and F15 can successfully take-off and land at Lukla, along with all the piston powered aircraft in the fleet. Tried out the freeware Dornier and it’s proven itself to be an excellent platform to do shuttle traffic between Lukla and the dirt strip at Syangbosche.

I can confirm it works for the Steam edition without ANY hassle. Downloaded it, clicked on the .exe file and it found the Aerofly Steam directory and completed the install without any intervention from me.

And WHAT a scenery it is!!!!! Incredible detail, superb frame rates and drumroll: the R22 is able to Hover in Ground Effect at the ramp at Lukla, and takeoff into the valley!!! You CAN also turn right towards Everest but forget any ambition to proceed to Base Camp or anything like that. There are a couple of helipads down in the valley though and a carefully planned approach can be carried out to a successful landing. If we now can get 2 things - a Twin Otter and a Squirrel - Aerofly FS2 will leave all other sims for dust in VR use. ANd as a boneus (for me) the latest version of NextLevel Platform manager, 2.87 has restored motion, kind-of... Only Pitch and roll, accelleration and deceleration doesnt have the telemetry update rates to work properly, but at least the chair now moves with the aircraft during flight. Overall, a good day in my sim-world!!!

I use BK, with a dedicated amplifier, and I can shake the chair pretty well. I can also filter the bandwidth and I don't think there is any spectrum issue. Yes sound channel is not the same as if we had a motion channel, but still it works pretty well. Now if I could get the audio in the rift and the BK at the same time without using some 3rd party crap software, that would be ideal.

Incidentally I only fly stuff that makes noise (jet, helo, F4U, etc..), no surprise airliner don't shake much, that would be the point usually.:)

You have tried Voicemeeter I hope? If you haven't - give it a go. Excellent donationware to split audio-signal inputs and output. Works really, really well for exactly what you want to do - run the Rift and the Buttkicker at the same time.

interesting. So you feel its an audio spectrum issue rather than merely a volume issue. I wonder if we can get some input here from blacksmoke55 , he knows his audio.

Yeah, good Buttkicker response requires low frequencies. It is essentially a "sub-woofer" that instead of sending the audio signal to a loudspeaker, sends it to a off-centre vibrating motor. Great for engine-Rumble, turbulence, ground feedback etc.

I have flown with the Pimax 5k+ now for about 3 weeks, and I simply do not understand the people who state that it "looks terrible" or that "performance is decreased 60%". I have buttersmooth graphics in AFS2 with a sensational Field-Of-View that literally makes it feel like you are IN the world of flying. Also - to say that there are "no decent helicopters" in AFS2 is ludicrous to say the least. The R22 is quite simply BRILLIANT with external and internal modelling that is drop-dead gorgeous and a flight model that is second to (almost) none (the only exception being the DreamFoil B407 in X-plane 11). I still miss motion in AFS2 and hope that the dev-team doesn't forget about us, but graphics performance in VR - in Pimax - is not something I'd ever criticise, as there simply is no better alternative out there.

Those of us who have ventured into the realm of motion simulation with VR, find it hard (or at the least highly unsatisfactory) to look back on a time when there was no vestibular stimulation increasing realism (flowery language, but ya’ll catch my drift;-)). I absolutely LOVE the frame rates and dynamics of AFS2 in VR, and do not yearn for ATC, traffic or advanced weather, all of which would only serve to “bog down” the simulation towards the level exhibited in P3D or X-plane. Getting reliable telemetry back, in order to drive motion is critical for my future status as an enthusiastic AFS2 customer, and I don’t mind in the slightest if this becomes a payed “add-on” to recoup the development cost. Having seen the VRMotion development from Brunner, I was inspired to develop my own version of a professional helicopter VR-rig, and I was on the cusp of ordering a 6DoF platform when telemetry in AFS2 was corrupted coincident with the R22 release. Fingers crossed a solution is forthcoming!

That's good to know. The JetSeat is incredible, I really love it (although the effects in AFS2 seems very weak at the moment).

Soon I will be adding a Buttkicker 2 to my setup as well.

Mr. Redtail? I'm not that old, I'm only 53 and I'm not a real Tuskegee Airman, I'm just an impostor :D

Sounds like you and I have very similar ideas - that’s exactly my “combo”:NL motion sim v3.0, Buttkicker 2 and the JetSeat. It works brilliantly together. I’ve “modded” my motion sim to get the anti-torque pedals and cyclic (as well as collective) attached to the motion platform - so that you are no longer “anchored” to Terra Firma with your heels. Not necessary- but just one more step in the right direction - total immersion👍 I’d be very happy to share my experience if you go in the direction of the NL motion platform.

"uses proprietary algorithms to cancel out motion induced by the sim for VR use"

Good point. All other (affordable) platforms use SimTools as the interface between game and platform and SimTools lacks reliable compensation.

Here’s a link to a description of the software I’m talking about https://motionsystems.eu/vr-headway/

It is complimentary with all of their compatible platforms and has streamlined (easily tweak able) profiles to all common driving games and flight sims. To clarify - the hardware for the Next Level v.3.0 is manufactured by Motion Systems in Poland and marketed by NextLevel in the US and Pagnian Imports in Australia. The software support is amazing and they publish frequent updates and improvements.

The Next Level V3 is an awesome bit of kit though. So compact and just no faff, plug it in and you're good to go with great simple software.

I sim race more than fly, and in combination with VR (as with Aerofly of course) it's simply amazing!

+1 on the Next level Motion sim v.3. It is spectacularly good, has fantastic developer support for software and most important it uses proprietary algorithms to cancel out motion induced by the sim for VR use. What this means is that if the motion of the headset is induced by the sim (seat moving in response to roll or pitch) you won't see it in your HMD - if the movement of the headset is induced by you actually moving the head around - it works as you'd expect. Completely seamlessly and with no fuss. This is VERY important, as you'd constantly be putting your head through the windshield or side-windows if this wasn't compensated for. All telemetry in AFS2 has been hobbled since the release of the R22 however so its a mute point. We do need to cut the developers some slack on this so I will do my best not to nag, but reality is that for those of us who have invested in motion it literally means that AFS2 sits idle, while the other sims gets all the action. Hope the admins will allow the motion sim discourse her in the meantime, as long as we all promise to play nice....;-)