Posts by chrispriv

All files go into the "...\addons\scenery\<scenery-name>\" folder *) respecting the correct subfolder structure:

It's easier for updates if you keep the 5 parts as separate ones (mergin into one scenery would also be possible). Feel free to rename the scenery-names (lowercase without spaces then required especially for FS4).

Does it work for you now?

*) There is often a confusion: "..\addons\scenery\" ist not same folder as just "..\scenery \"
    ... and sorry, just noticed that in my description the "scenery\" has been missing after "...\addons\...", fixed that now!

A stunning package - unfortunately, cultivation no longer working in AFS4

Many thanks for your feedback!

Indeed, my cultivation does not work any more. On the other hand, there is already included a new cultivation for this area in FS4.

Combined with the images of my FS2 scenery the scenery is allready quite nice and performant flying in VR (especially nearly without loading interruptions anymore as a great improvement on FS4):

What is missing are all the special buildings, the container harbor etc. and also especially all the airports in BC, Canada (only KBLI Bellingham, USA is available).

admin :

I hope that there will be a work around soon, which will also have the possibility of excluding the cultivation and especially the buildings.
    Otherwise, it will not be possible to adapt the existing sceneries with special buildings like e.g. the huts in the Swiss Mountains or some objects individual objects in the towns, allready covered by the new cultivation of FS4, that in principle is well done in my opinion.

What do you mean by installed?

Did you just decompress the last version 1.1.3? Then it will probably not work.

First install the older version with the appropriate "msi" installer version 1.0.1 and then overwrite the installed version with the new unpacked version 1.1.3.

After the installation you should have a new directory in your user directory "<user>\Documents\AeroScenery\" containing the setting.xml and the subfolders "database" and "working". Do you have them and does it work now?

IMO it would be best if each user created scenery is checked for errors in the tm.log and can then be verified by other users. A clean and error free updated version of the user made airport or scenery could then be uploaded and it's not much work for everyone involved.

In principle, I fully agree with it. But it also needs detailed information in advance and not only afterwards, as well as active support from IPACS when there is a need.

Also I hope that IPACS is actively engaged in a community which also creates freeware addons in the future.

Basically, the other image sources still works on Aeroscenery.

Maybe it would be possible to implement mapbox as an additional source. As it looks mapbox also has access via XYZ tile server, similiar to Google. In any case, the integration into Aeroscenery needs a modification in the program code of the application. What makes this more difficult is the fact that it requires an individual token for access to mapbox. This needs to be specified in the config file as well as in a mask. May try it. But the author of this fantastic app nickhod would probably better be able to implement this than me.

Finally, it should be possible with a work around to download all the small photo tiles separately and then "stitch" them again as usual in Aeroscenery.

However, it would certainly be more convenient if this could be done resp. works again directly via Aeroscenery in a user-friendly way.

The good news is that the ArcGIS server is still active and alive.

Also, it is still possible to download tile images manually or via simple web server access.

The bad news is that parallel and asynchronous access via Aeroscenery is no longer working and I am unable to fix this in Aeroscenery (had tried it this WE changing some parameters in the programm code - there is still no response of the server).

Maybee the author of this fantastic tool nickhod would have a solution with his experience to fix it, even if he is no longer active on Aerofly. I hope he may even read this message.

Thanks for your hint.

Made the bug-fix of the flying trees for the airports of Sechelt and Chilliwack and removed the overlay of cultivation with airport-buidlings of CAP3 Sechelt. Just upload "v1.01-fixed".

The issue is due of a bug in the TOC-File of some airports of fscloudport having no towers.

Vancouver (BC) Mega Scenery is out now and available on flight-sim.org.

This scenery contains special cultivation and objects. It also has facilities for helicopters and seaplanes. There is a really wide area to explore and also much to discover (e.g. some mountain stations, the ruskin dam).

The container port as well as the seaplane bases at the harbour and airport were created by TomSimMuc, Many thanks!

Some more impressions:

Enjoy, ;)

Christophe

A long time ago I had started the implementation of the next extension of my British Columbia (BC)-Scenery, this for the big town Vancouver and his area.

Since I had worked on the stunning Hawaii project and was busy with other things, I never finished and published it. I had thought about finishing the scenery. Unfortunately, the demand and response regarding FS2 is currently very low, it is not worth to do a bigger effort.

On the other hand, my work for the whole area is far advanced yet. What is missing are some details like the bridges and other things like ferry boats I had the intention to implement them.

Therefore, the scenery is actually already very nice like it is and fantastic to fly. I was asked about sharing it. So I decided to upload it as a pre-release version very soon. I did a fist effort last weekend to prepare the files and will do some test flights now.

What you will get is not only the city and the surrounding area, but a huge flying area that also covers part of the US state of Washington including Mt. Baker as well as part of Vancouver Island.

This is the coverage (blue):

Some previews:

*** Coming soon ***

Yes. In thailand there's it very little OSM data so I placed almost all buidings in the scenery editor. It took quite long just to make this small area.

Yes, in the meantime I noticed that due to the very poor OSM data you probably placed most of the buildings manually in the town, which is very work intensive.

Unfortunately, there are no alternative building footprints for Thailand and thus no workaround for buildings actually.

Nevertheless, I will continue to work on the special-vegetation.

Here is a first impression of it:

Many thanks and compliments on your first FS2 project also from my side. I hope that we will receive further contributions from your part.

The extensive photo scenery of Avgeek320 also looks very well and homogeneous, with all the color adjustments and editing between the different used image sources. What is missing, however, is a good cultivation, which covers the whole vast area as much as possible.

Regarding vegetation, I could certainly contribute based on photo-based tree detection (seems to work very well with on the first attempt), but it will probably be difficult regarding buildings due to extremly poor OSM data.

Kindest regards,

Christophe

Hi Steve,

Even if I can understand that you are very disappointed by the weak reaction of IPACS, these are still your great and fantastic models-creations, which in my opinion deserve to be flown and to give pleasure to at least some users.

Myself I have also developed quite a lot on FS2 and spent months of my free time doing this. On the part of IPACS there is no thanks and recognition for this. Often, the sparse reactions of users and the remaining community are not very encouraging too.

Nevertheless, it still gives me a lot of pleasure to be able to create something on this "platform" resp. basis, then experience it in VR at a high frame rate and, if possible, share it with like-minded people and other users.

In this sense, I really hope that there will be a way to let your great projects live on, while fully honoring resp. respecting your great work, your copyrights and your intentions.

Kindest regards,

Christophe

@And congratulations for your new achievement of writing books! I am definitely not able to do that, not even just 12 pages. But even books want to be read by other peoples once they are written, otherwise they gather dust on the shelf
    ... ;)