Posts by chrispriv

Christophe,

just for your information:

I use AC3D, because IPACS added an aerofly export program to it.

We can define an absolute mesh instead of a relative mesh for the airport.

Great - I'll try it!

I had already a first look on your scenery:
    So "<[int32][autoheight_override][0]>" makes it absolute (with the altitude over sea-level in meters as level). Correct?

I have one more question regarding the level-correction. Even after having flatten the ground of the airport (runway & apron) using AC3D, objects like a hangar still need to have a level-correction. It seems that the level refers still to the original ground-mesh.

It doesn't make a difference, if I place the object on the ground-mesh within the airport-model in AC3D, compiling it with the correct airport-reference point or just compiling it as single-placed object. I also tried to set the boolean [autoheight][false] without any effects.

What I'm doing wrong? Is where a way that the level of my airport-objects refers to the flat runway/apron-ground?

And what is impact of setting [bool] [autoheight] to [false]?

Regards,

Christophe

You have to export (I think it's not include in the free online-version - use Sketchup make 2017) the modell as Collada (*.dae). Then you are able to import it in ModellConverterX.

Converting objects with ModellConverterX has a lot of hints. To get better results watch first the video-tutorial "Aerofly FS2: Import 3D models" form Rodeo on YouTube.

Just I always add an object-placement and export it directly as "*.tsc"-scenery (instead of an IPACS-object "*.tgi"). It's much easier.

Regards,

Christophe

Well, I nether tried out with such a small exclusion, but it also should work.

Here it is:

Add in the cultivation section the name of the *.toc-file with the exclusion-data (and optional the file-name containing the new cultivation of trees):

<[list_tmsimulator_scenery_cultivation][cultivation_files][]

<[tmsimulator_scenery_cultivation][element][0]

<[string8][filename][Savoleyres_treesExcl]>

<[string8][building_textures_folder][]>

<[bool][auto_height][true]>

>

<[string8][filename][Savoleyres_treesDef]>

>

The file "Savoleyres_treesExcl.toc" contains for this example the coordinates of exclusion of the default-vegetation and has the following content:

<[file][][]

<[cultivation][][]

<[string8][coordinate_system][lonlat]>

<[vegetation_exclusion_zone_list][vegetation_map_exclusion_zone_list][]

<[vegetation_map_exclusion_zone][element][0]

<[vector2_float64][min][7.2000 46.1000]>

<[vector2_float64][max][7.2500 46.1500]>

>

>

>

>

Hope it work's!

Regards,

Christophe

I'm tired of putting hours of work into a small scenery only to see default trees sticking out of the roof of my buildings and the only way to amend this is to delete a vegetation file with 100 sqkm worth of trees and completely rebuild the vegetation from scratch.

Hi,

My experience is also that with Sketchup it is not possible to create an airport ground or to flatten a ground. So I just add a pedestal under my objects and I'm content to make a simple correction of level to ground in the *.tsc-file, so that my objects are not flying anymore (it doesn't works with cultivation yet).

Regarding the trees from the default vegetation, however, it is already possible in a simple way to exclude a small area without having to identify and delete the entire file and make the whole area new (it doesn't works with OSM-based cultivation-trees and objects like buildings). If you are interested I can show you how to do it.

Otherwise, I would also like from IPACS to be able to implement a flat ground in a simple way and to define an absolute and not only relative mesh for airport-creation. Working a lot on mountain-sceneries it also would be great if a "level to ground"-correction works for cultivation-objects.

Cheers,

Christophe

Many thanks for your great feedback!

This gives me the motivation, to implement some more small or middle airports.

First steps with AC3D are very hard, making a lot of mistakes, producing a) nothing. b) large holes in the ground or c) just small holes in the ground:

Converting single-objects on a non-flat mesh with more than one texture may look like this (even making a flat airport-ground, the mesh remains not flat):

After this first "making of LSGN", I think I got it now, more or less! ;)

So, I hope to do my next upload till begin of September.

First, I also will be on holiday for the next two weeks.

@Trespassers: I’m looking forward for your update of LSGY Yverdon! If it doesn’t work with 3DSMax, maybe it can be done using AC3D . Good Luck!

Regards,

Christophe

Hi,

The airport has just been released on Flight-Sim.org.

It's my first attempt to create an airport with AC3D - The airport-mesh:

Airport created by chrispriv, 2019 (with AC3D),
    using airport-buildings from vf-air.com (reference to the original FSX-scenery http://www.vf-air.com/index.htm) --> hot stuff for simmers on FSX and P3D!
    *** Freeware (only for personal and non-commercial use) ***

Enjoy! :)

Christophe

Hello Jake,

Are you using the same (photo-)texture/ material for the buildings and the roofs?

My own experience:

When using ModelConverterX and IPACS Content Converter the most important thing is to have no interruptions in the (photo-)texture used. It’s seems that both tools are calculating for each texture a separate center-point. On a flat ground usually it doesn’t matter (you have an overlay with other buildings on your picture then failing). Placing the same objects in the mountains doesn’t work at all, the level would be different. Converting multiple buildings at once, every texture-group of each building seems to have his own level.

Chris

Yes, it works also with the Switzerland South cultivation and with the cultivation of ORBX, in principle. However, both addons dispose only over buildings-definitions. So, the forest at the end of the runway will persist (it’s part of the default-vegetation of the Swiss standard-DLC).

The only possibility is an exclusion of the vegetation resp. replacement of trees based on OSM-data.

With a complete substitute of the trees, adding cultivation for buildings and keeping the original Swiss DLC it may look as follows:

However, this can only be done within a separate scenery-definition (max. file size in the forum!). Even, a limited trees-replacement for the airport of Sion and his boarder should be possible.

Yes, it would be great if Sion (LSGS) will be converted professionally by Flylogics.

Ray: Can you please give me in the meantime editing-right on LSGS?

So I can include some buildings on fscloudport and it will also be possible to use these objects in combination with the original DLC of Switzerland. It isn't perfect but still better than a flat ground.;)

Chris

done. have fun.

It is done!

Keeping the original texture of the Swiss DLC and using just the objects of fscloudport looks like this now:

#1 LSGS with the orignal texture and vegetation of the DLC

#2&3 LSGS using a newer photo-texture and after trees-replacement (in reality actually there is no forest in die middle western part of the airport)

To use only the objects just replace the file LSGS.tsc with the following file LSGS_objects_only.tsc (e.g. rename the original file to LSGS.bak and copy instead of the modified file into the airport-folder of LSGS).

Please note: If you are using the airport of fscloudport together with the Swiss DLC, the nice texture of the DLC will be replaced and you also will have some troubles with some "flying" objects. So it’s not really recommended and it’s better to use the modified *.tsc-file.

Regards,

Chris

Quote from Jetjockey10

I removed ALL static aircraft from BEX. I also added TomSimMuc as contributor so he can troubleshoot any conflicts with other airports.

Yes, it would be great if Sion (LSGS) will be converted professionally by Flylogics.

Ray: Can you please give me in the meantime editing-right on LSGS?

So I can include some buildings on fscloudport and it will also be possible to use these objects in combination with the original DLC of Switzerland. It isn't perfect but still better than a flat ground.;)

Chris

Hallo,

Hast du allenfalls von FSCloudPort den Flugplatz LSGB Bex geladen?

Wenn ja liegt dort die Ursache, da Objekte weit ausserhalb des Airport-Ranges von Bex in Saanen enthalten sind (1 Hangar & mehrere parkierte Flugzeuge betroffen). Hatte das Problem ebenfalls. Andere Flugplätze von fscloudport.com scheinen diesbezüglich absolut ok.

Entweder Flugplatz nicht verwenden oder LSGB.tsc-File entsprechend modifizieren resp. ersetzen durch (LSGB_Replace.zip).

@ JetJockey10: Could you please fix it on FSCloudPort (elements 8 & 17 - 24 concerned)?

Grüsse,
    Christophe

Now I have the ORBX Scenery Saanen installed and find that several parked aircraft and houses floating in the air.

Is this possibly due to the DLC Switzerland I have installed?

Hello,

Did you make the exclusion of the default-DLC-vegetation as a separate *.toc-file?

For realisation of cultivation (incl. exclusion of the default-vegetation) I split every tile in four sectors A (upper left), B (upper right, C (lower left) & D (lower right).

Sorry, LSZB-airport is placed in sector D (not A – wrong coordinates):

Tile FolderName FileName Koord LonMinDraft LonMaxDraft LatMinDraft LatMaxDraft
    8500_a600 8500_a600_CH_Bern (autogen) Bern_autogenA 7.20710 47.09945 7.0313 7.3829 46.9811 47.2178
    8500_a600 8500_a600_CH_Bern (autogen) Bern_autogenB 7.55865 47.09945 7.3829 7.7344 46.9811 47.2178
    8500_a600 8500_a600_CH_Bern (autogen) Bern_autogenC 7.20710 46.86275 7.0313 7.3829 46.7444 46.9811
    8500_a600 8500_a600_CH_Bern (autogen) Bern_autogenD 7.55865 46.86275 7.3829 7.7344 46.7444 46.9811

Never mind! Find enclosed as sample/ template as addon for trees-exclusion of the whole tile 8500_a600 of Bern (without the cultivation-files incl. new trees-definition): TressExlSample_CH_8500_a600_Bern.zip

ORBX-cultivation using the default-vegetation of Swiss-DLC (there are a lot of trees going through the buildings)

[Blocked Image: https://i.postimg.cc/HLrdwQ4t/aerofly-fs-2-screenshot-01-20190104-174730.jpg]

ORBX using the excluding-definition (some trees left, seems to be included in the ORBX-cultivation as single placed-objets - but threre is no forerst remaining in the background):

[Blocked Image: https://i.postimg.cc/c41q7Rd8/aerofly-fs-2-screenshot-01-20190104-175210.jpg]

Own cultivation (using the script V6) including single-placed OSM-based-trees:

[Blocked Image: https://i.postimg.cc/wM0G4r9R/aerofly-fs-2-screenshot-01-20190104-175740.jpg]

What is missing is the combine of ORBX replacing the default-vegetation with OSM-generated trees. I will work this WE on this for the sample of Bern, cause I have to split my cultivation-files.

Hope it works also for you!

Chris

The cultivation(s) for Switzerland is(are) great, but where are really too much trees for towns like Bern, Geneva or Bale etc.

Keeping the Default-DLC of Switzerland untouched, I'm working in my addon-defintions with a trees-exclusion-file for the vegetation, replacing it with OSM-build trees (using a middle density for trees-generation). You would get better results, even it is not perfect too.

See for example Departure from Bern (LSZB) and some impressions south-east of Zurich:

[Blocked Image: https://i.postimg.cc/DzbMySBZ/aerofly-fs-2-screenshot-06-20181028-234938.jpg]

[Blocked Image: https://i.postimg.cc/Pr33WW7J/aerofly-fs-2-screenshot-08-20181023-231231.jpg]

[Blocked Image: https://i.postimg.cc/SshDSDnT/aerofly-fs-2-screenshot-09-20181023-231300.jpg]

How it works: Include an additional entry in the cultivation-section of your *.tsc-file:

<[list_tmsimulator_scenery_cultivation][cultivation_files][]
    <[string8][filename][Bern_treesexclA]>
    >
    <[string8][filename][Bern_autogenA]>
    >
    >

The file "Bern_autogenA.toc" includes the OSM-generated trees by using Scenproc (done with Vers. 6) while the file "Bern_treesexclA.toc" contains the coordinates of the exlusion for the default-vegetation (Swiss DLC):

Bern_treesexclA.toc

<[file][][Bern_treesexclA]
    <[cultivation][][]
    <[string8][coordinate_system][lonlat]>
    <[vegetation_exclusion_zone_list][vegetation_map_exclusion_zone_list][]
    <[vegetation_map_exclusion_zone][element][0]
    <[vector2_float64][min][7.0313 46.9811]>
    <[vector2_float64][max][7.3829 47.2178]>
    >
    >
    >
    >

Just try it out and see the difference!

Regards,

Chris

With Aerofly FS2 in that case it is necessary to make a kind of "dummy"-airport-definition,
    including the reference to the toc-file containing the autogen-data.

This is the way i ad general buildings and vegetation to my photo sceneries without need of any airport (template I use uploaded in my first answer). It is certainly different to FSX/ P3D, but with a bit of experience not so difficult at all when you get used… 😉

Chris