Posts by stratospheric

All excellent suggestions - thank you!

stratospheric - What kind of aircraft do you like to fly?

Wow that's a long list & where to start?

In no particular order & only partial - Pitts Special, Extra 330, Navion, Pipistrel Virus SW & Taurus Electro, Cirrus SR22T & Vision, anything with tundra wheels & capable of landing in the desert also flying machines in which I learnt to fly constructed from sailcloth & metal tubes like the Drifter.

Having flown both real world and sims for many years, I now want only the most realistic VR experience. I have quite a few hours on various types of real and virtual but only have a non VR though high spec MacBook which is great but it's now time to move up to high spec PC eg. Alienware Aurora or equivalent with powerful GPU, HP Reverb 2 VR & possibly YAW VR Motion platform.

I already know that FS2 is the most visually realistic high frame rate VR experience. That may or may not change with the release MSFS 2020.

Without building a serious realistic cockpit which seems now redundant, do I need new stick & pedals? I have some years old & still solid - Saitek X-56 Hall effect stick & throttle quadrant.

Either way, what's the best way to maximise the realism apart from what I've already mentioned or is that all that's needed? Any advice & wisdom would be mightily appreciated.

I'm still here Delfin. Just focusing more on moving us forward than dealing with nonsense

I'm not asking for any new feature, detail or whatnot. As is, it's an excellent visual-centric sim. Without traffic, it's a simplified representation of realistic cockpit procedures in favour of the high frame rates required for VR. Respectfully, the best way to move forward is to let the nonsense deal with itself. Trying to deal with the subjective idea of nonsense by disappearing it is not only counterproductive, it'll turn people away. Ignore the naysayers, continue to innovate & there'll be better outcomes.

And you now tell the users to shut up and keep the developers in some comfortable zone? I can sincerely tell you that being noisy is being supportive, because we are still interested, and we worry. You might be happy when one day this forum is silent

Yes, shutting down & locking discussion really is not the best way to demonstrate native VR superiority.

Don't get confused please. I think he is talking about the camera displacement when you experience g-loads. We simulate the head of the pilot as an individual body that is experiencing forces just like any other part of the aircraft. When you have a high acceleration, e.g. in a fighter jet during a hard turn, the camera is dragged behind a bit, which looks like you are pressed down in the seat.

It also can be noticed when you fly the Extra and start or stop a rapid aileron roll. The head ties to keep moving (like a mass object should do) but the sudden roll acceleration causes the camera to move left or right.

It's very subtle unless you experience great forces. This has been in Aerofly FS since Aerofly FS 1, even before Aerofly FS 2 was a thing. Therefor it was not mentioned in the change-log. It's always been a feature.

Is there a changelog for the beta?

Scenery from Orbx Central can be installed manually by copying from: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/Backup

Then pasting to:

For the App Store version (although it should already be installed correctly through Orbx Central) -

/Library/Containers/com.aerofly.aerofly-fs-2-mac/Data/Library/Application Support/Aerofly FS 2/addons/scenery

For the Steam version -

~/Library/Application Support/Aerofly FS 2/addons/scenery

Innsbruck works fine for me in the Mac Steam version.

Most DLC is available for Mac on Steam although there are some prominent exceptions:

France VFR

Lukla

Helgoland

NE USA

Scenery from Orbx can be installed manually by copying from: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/Backup

Then pasting to: ~/Library/Application Support/Aerofly FS 2/addons/scenery

I have a 2018 MacBook Pro 2.9 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i9 with Radeon Pro Vega 20 & everything runs fast & smooth on the built-in display, not so much on an external 4K display.

Yes I got flashed once driving from autobahn into Austria though never received the fine. Now I know how much it would've cost. Ouch.

Fantastic work Sir Brunno!

It's good to know the Arrow is Mac compatible but the installer isn't. You can only download an .exe from JF and you can't use an .exe on a Mac (at least not just like that). On a Mac you usually get a .dmg file for install, although in this case a simple zip with all files in it might also do the trick (for manual installation).

There is a Mac option for the download & a zip file is the result. The 2 aircraft folders should then be manually installed to:

/Users/yourusername/Library/Containers/com.aerofly.aerofly-fs-2-mac/Data/Library/Application Support/Aerofly FS 2/aircraft/

The aircraft appear in the selection menu but on start the aircraft defaults back to the c172.

Possibly a result of UNC/Posix double slash mismatch in the path? Possibly also upper/lowercase mismatch in the username?

16.05-tmsimulator: loading model pa28r201t...

16.05-tmmodelmanager: model: (name='pa28r201t') (directory='/Users/XXX/Library/Containers/com.aerofly.aerofly-fs-2-mac/Data/Library/Application Support/Aerofly FS 2/aircraft/pa28r201t//')

16.05-tmmodelmanager: loading configfile '/Users/XXX/Library/Containers/com.aerofly.aerofly-fs-2-mac/Data/Library/Application Support/Aerofly FS 2/aircraft/pa28r201t///pa28r201t.tmc'

16.05-tmmodelmanager: contact points 3: (1.983 0.000 -0.794 r=0.180) (-0.431 1.553 -0.789 r=0.160) (-0.431 -1.553 -0.789 r=0.160)

17.06-tmxgl: ERROR: (texture 'headset_senn_specular' not found)

17.08-tmxgl: ERROR: (remove invalid texture at index 'specular')

17.08-tmmodelmanager: loading dynamics begin '/Users/XXX/Library/Containers/com.aerofly.aerofly-fs-2-mac/Data/Library/Application Support/Aerofly FS 2/aircraft/pa28r201t///pa28r201t.tmd'...

17.09-tmfile_properties: WARNING: property 'InputPosition' is not a member of type 'flight_management_system' hash=18297074990155055016.

17.09-tmfile_properties: WARNING: property 'InputVelocity' is not a member of type 'flight_management_system' hash=11758052505459015428.

17.09-tmfile_properties: WARNING: property 'InputGroundSpeed' is not a member of type 'flight_management_system' hash=16557520335897305405.

17.09-tmfile_properties: WARNING: property 'InputVerticalVelocity' is not a member of type 'flight_management_system' hash=1564061341192855582.

I am aware that Just Flight will release a C152 soon and I'm sure it will be great.

I have also been working on a C152 project for the last five month. It' certainly not as good as the Just Flight version will be but here it is.

This is my very first aircraft ever

Very unfair of you - to set such an extremely high standard - especially since it's your first. And free. :!: