Posts by ZoSoChile

I completely forgot to mention... Reinstalling Aerofly wasn't the fix..

But I found the culprit, my graphic settings were messed up although I didn't touch it since long ago.

JetFlyer is correct. Adjusting my Building Density settings from Medium to High was the actual fix, and I even wrote this in a private message to Jeff and Jan. (horrible memory)

For VR performance purposes, I have had my Building Density settings set to medium and have never had a problem. Until either the IPACs update, or perhaps a Windows, Nvidia update? Forgive me Thuster for telling you to reinstall Aerofly. I have a very bad memory and this only happened last week...

This happened right after there was a 13mb update last week give or take. However Jeff and Jan told me the update shouldn't have caused any problems. Phil, I was confused at first though because aren't most of your Xref objects converted to Tmb object format? Hence not making them true Xref objects then?

Of course, make sure you backup and save all your FSCloudports, freeware, etc!

I can confirm I have AF2 installed on a secondary F: drive. All my Xref folders read at 248 mb in file size.

AF2 also automatically goes to my main C: drive, but the Xref folder is emtpy, since that's not where I installed AF2.

At first when I read my tm.log it showed that all the Xref objects that I gathered from FScloudport were missing. This happened for EVERY folder I had a FScloudport scenery in. So that tells me it's Xref related, I would think? However, I never touch the Xref folder, ever.. That's why I was soo confused why AF2 just refused to load or read anything with FScloudport files (besides runway and a few airplanes). Has to be a random glitch?

Perhaps wait just a bit before a complete reinstall? Again it might be something soo simple? I reinstalled AF2 while I was sleeping.

I had this very same issue last week. It just randomly happened. I'm almost 100% certain that I did no tinkering for the problem to occur.

I had to completely reinstall Aerofly for everything to comeback. At first I performed an Integrity Check but that did not fix anything. However, I believe you might be right about it being an xref issue? I can't fully confirm because I went straight for the reinstall fix. But it might just be that you need to reinstall those xref folders?

Hi Vincent,

Correct, however if you have JOSM, you can manually place OSM features of your own.

Again, I am finally figuring this workflow out myself. My good friend TomSimMuc is a wizard of this method.

Forgive me if I word this wrong. But the idea is to create your own "Tag" and define it with its own "key" and "value"

By using a custom script with ObjectGen, and a custom 3D Objects folder, you can create parking lots like this.

So right now, I can't show you 'how to', for I need to learn this myself.

Ooh that's alot of boats! That looks like the job of ObjectGen. Unfortunately I haven't mastered that yet, but I do know a guy. :)

Okay so I've added some boats to your desired area. I just used ORBX's "boats.tmb" along with the related .ttx file.

Also I've added some of Jeff's (drhotwings1) animated sailboats. Perhaps the ObjectGen example can come later.

If you would like to learn how to Import 3D models in AF2, click on link in my Signature.

Since I can't share the specific ORBX files needed, you will have to search them in your Chicago Meigs Field Folder.

Location: Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator AddOns\scenery\orbx_kcgx\places\kcgx_chicago_meigs_field\details

Copy "boats.tmb" and "orbx_boats_lowpoly_color.ttx" and paste them into Here

Folder should look like this:

Any questions, please feel free to ask :)

I redid Chicago with Google orthos a few months back. I photoshopped all the boats out, and up'd the brightness and contrast. Makes for a very vivid area with the Lake Michigan water colors. Only downside was all the downtown building shadows. I could help you with the boats if you tell me what kind of boats you would like.

I remember a few months back I would typically just fly on the pilot side. Eventually I would change views and fly co-pilot. Talk about a heart attack thinking you're alone in VR, and then turning your head to see another person. :D

I personally wouldn't mind having a modeled co-pilot just to give it a try? Heck make it someone famous! (Joking) It can always be an option to remove in the TMD? Half a million polys for a character is intense.

I agree with your frustrations Phil. WMR can feel clunky no doubt. I really have my eyes set on the new HP Reverb Resolution quality, but I want to see other companies release their version before I jump into a new headset. I do miss having outside in positional tracking, and the new Index with controllers seems like a blast. I was just hoping they would have had a bit higher screen resolution. With that being said, looking forward to next gen Graphics Cards..

I did not know that. I usually use a preset in GIMP when editing. Thanks for the tip Tom :)

It is nice to be able to just delete the stitched and readjust the colors accordingly. I've know Nick had this feature for awhile but I just never used it.

It appears USGS isn't the most friendly to my area. However, I wanted to try it again with Tom's color settings which make the image more vivid. I then noticed something.

Some downloads have missing blocks. Some are complete. So I did 3 tests of the same area.

USGS Zoom level 16 / Grid Size 12

Test 1: No color adjustment (4 blocks missing)

Test 2: Color Adjustment (2 blocks missing)

Test 3: Color Adjustment (perfect image)

Thanks again Nick for the new update. Just thought I would chime in.

Hello Friends, I thought I would chime in and share my experiences with settings for Virtual Reality.

Apollo 50 might be a bit performance heavy in some areas, so adjust your settings accordingly. Important to note that initial Loading Time might be a bit longer than normal. (Update fixes to come later)

Here is an example of my settings when flying in VR. (see my specs below)

Adjust and play with Shadow Quality either Low or Ultra/Insane

Might I also recommend using 'motion reprojection' if VR performance isn't smooth for you. Please find information elsewhere.

Don't forget while flying at night time, make sure to adjust to a FULL MOON setting (night textures await you)

Thank you for exploring Apollo 50 Project :)

Sun Visors and doors work for me edpatino

Just did my first test of plane and I love it kai503! I found myself expressing joy out loud with how good everything looked, along with the animations. Then my final quick test was night time. Do you know that song "Roxanne" by The Police? Because that red light is bangin! And to put the cherry on top, the brightness/dim is adjustable. Thank you Kai for the wonderful work! Now I will go back in and actually fly it! 8)