• Hi All,

I am having a problem with my CH throttle setup.

The two LH levers used as the throttles no longer have a linear action, they are ok to the centre then jump from centre to full throttle. if I set up center or RH as throttles they work as expected.

I can't be certain but I am fairly sure they were ok before the last update.

I have reset the controller numerious times to no effect.

Anyone with CH throttles that can cofirm this? For information the controller works perfectly in my other sims.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mick

• Have you tried to calibrate the throttles in Aerofly? Go to the control settings and click the device in the list at the bottom. Then click the crosshairs button in the top right. Make sure the levers are at 50% when you center the controls.

Not all aircraft have a linear response in Aerofly. The A320 for example has a 1:1 mapping of the simulated thrust lever position. But at 50% of the thrust lever position you are already in CLB, about 85% to 90% of thrust.

• Have you tried to calibrate the throttles in Aerofly? Go to the control settings and click the device in the list at the bottom. Then click the crosshairs button in the top right. Make sure the levers are at 50% when you center the controls.

Hi Jan,

Yes I have done that, but as I said it just jumps from centre to full throttle, even on the set up screen.

To be a bit clearer that happens with the last millimetre of travel on the levers. (even on the Cessna 172) but everything works correctly if I setup any of the other 4 levers as throttles.

Nothing wrong with the controller, as I said works perfectly in my other sims.

I may well be wrong but I suspect something changed in the setup programme.

Mick

• Hi Jan,

Can you take another look at this thread please?

For information before the last update My CH throttle controller was working perfectly and although I have always used GA aircraft in the past, with Aerofly FS2 I spent time learning to hand land the Airbus A 320, mainly because of the easy landing configuration setup. After the update I was unable to accurately land the A320. I initially thought it was the changes to the autopilot but even with all AP buttons off I was still getting it wrong. Why?

Anyway it was the throttles (the two left levers of the six on the CH) that have no action from the centre position to full throttle until the last 1mm of travel, the four levers to the right work exactly as they should.

Please don't say check your calibration/setup, I have done that countless times, also I say again, the controller woks perfectly in my other sims.

As I said above I suspect something changed in the last update. The list of changes indicates the controls were updated. Can you check this please?

Thanks

Mick

• Hi Mick,

there were drastic improvements in the latest update that changed the autopilot configuration completely. There wasn't anything done related to control inputs.

I have a CH throttle controller that i have laying around here and I tested it with Aerofly and it worked just fine.

Are you using a special application for your throttle or are do you just have basic Windows drivers installed for it? The reason I ask this is because Aerofly will recognize all USB control devices that are configured from within Windows.

I'm sure that Jan will chime in here once he gets on as well.

We will try to work this out for you.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Hi Jeff,

Thanks for listening.

The controller is installed with win 10 usb drivers.

In the settings menu the 4 leftmost controls work correctly ie a smooth action from - to + but the 2 rightmost controllers take almost full travel of the controller to the centre point ie half throttle then the last 1mm of travel it jumps to full throttle, very strange.

This is from the published list of changes/ improvements. Updated controls

Regards

Mick

• "updated controls" simply means that updates were made to the control functionality of the aircraft, not peripheral controllers.

What aircraft are you seeing this with? Some aircraft have autotrottle enabled and that might mess up your CH control positioning since Aerofly doesn't mechanically control your device if it makes adjustments for you in-game.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Hi All,

I now have a fully working throttle unit.

I went into settings and reconfigured the axes, instead of placing the 2 problem throttles in the centre I put them just passed the detents and pressed for centre, voila all working properly again. No I don't understand it either, but who cares it works.

Back to practicing A320 landings.

Thanks Jan and Jeff.

Regards

Mick