Request for an automated/semi automated method to generate new airport locations for user scenery

• Maybe something along the lines a basic input form for the minimal data to create a new airport designator to add an operational takeoff and landing area.

name

4 letter intl code

Country (jf needed)

Lat/Long

Length and width

Elevation

Main runway headings

Main runway lat/long for beginning/end

Designated Parking location and orientation

Whatever is needed to create a new folder and files for AF2. We can modify the basic files later to add crossing or parallel runways. This would get us up and running when using the soon to available user generated scenery using GeoConverter.

Regards,

Ray

• OK, no takers. eh?

Can someone list the absolute minimum data fields required to create a new airport for takeoffs and landings in the new user scenery areas?

Meaning, what is required and what is optional?

Regards,

Ray

• The interesting thing is that there must be a database with the parameters of the world's airports out there somewhere, even if only of the runway dimensions, locations, altitudes, etc.

X-plane11 for years had just the airports, with no buildings at all, and FSX had the airports with a sort of basic autogen.

Even Flightgear managed somehow to come up with a database that seemed to have the airport footprints, so I'm assuming this is all possible, maybe for Ipacs to just lay footprints for the world's airports?

Or maybe not. What do I know? :P

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Even Flightgear managed somehow to come up with a database that seemed to have the airport footprints, so I'm assuming this is all possible, maybe for Ipacs to just lay footprints for the world's airports?

Here you go: Our Airports

Handy cultivation tools

Windows 10 64bit | iCore7-7770K| ASUS STRIX Z270E |KHX2400C15D4 - 32GB | Gigabyte Ge-Force GTX 1080Ti| SSD Intel 520 Series | 40" Philips BDM4065UC/75 4K - Oculus Rift

• It would be great if we could have the worldwide airports created automatically on basic data as listed above. Even if it's without any 3D buildings, it would be better than nothing, and it would be a telling response to the criticism of FS 2 as having no world wide airports.

• I calculated 52118 airports by 2 kb = 102 MB, peanuts.

For now I made a sub folder on my dropbox with the tsc files I made so far.

I dit make a folder for my country, in that is the structure they are in the places folder.

I have not enough knowledge of dropbox to know if you can upload something now??

TSC Filses