Same TTC file names in different areas of the one scenery

• I took an example from the scenery tutorial and got this.

GeoConvert processes one area in the first run, the second area in the second run.

There are two parts of Whidbey Island, north of NAS Whidbey and south of NAS. The two downloaded FSET zones overlap slightly. Coordinates in the TMC files for GeoConvert are taken with a slightly smaller frame, this is done as written in the tutorial for avoid masking and reduce calculation power.

There are files with the same names as a result of two starts in both arrays of PNG files in the images_raw folder, but the contents of these files are completely different.

What can I do with these TTC files in the images folder when I try to combine two areas into one scenery?

• Hi, Rodeo. Thank you for answer.

1. My aerial image area is larger than TMC frame really.

2. There are two tiles with the SAME content in your picture, but in my scenery there are two tiles with the completely different content and same names.

3. Where I can view blue lines of predefined tiles? My FSET display don't show it.

• Ok,

I've got confused about the different file dimensions.

But I think, now I have a reason and a solution for you.

1. Reason:

Lower levels of aerofly tiles cover a large area. In our example a single level 9 tile covers about 52nm x 39nm (Whidbey area).

If you convert a tiny area, it may fill only a small fraction of this tile.

If you convert an adjacent tiny area, it may fill another fraction of this tile.

2. Solution:

Do not convert low levels for very small areas or use a massive overlap of your aerial imagery.

(In the wiki example I had all images in the same folder, running just 2 different jobs out of it).

Thanks for revealing each gap in documentation. I will add this to the wiki as well.

Rodeo

• Have a nice day, Rodeo! At this morning in my Moscow I plotted a line of level 9 on the map of the Earth in the Mercator. It was necessary to divide the each side of the map for this into 512 parts. That's how I got a virtual display of the earth map with AFS level 9 squares. After that it became clear what size these squares have in the nautical miles.

2 Level 9 AFS tiles occupies ~70 nm vertical and 70 nm horisontal.

Then 1 tile of level 9 have its side about 35 nm.

When I saw the blue lines on the map of the State of Washington, I immediately find out that I was covering the same AFS tile 9th level in two starts GeoConvert.

Thereby such a question: is it possible to not use levels 9 or 10 in one area of the scenery? What will happen in the scenery general array of TTC files?

And thank you very much for your help.

Regards from Andrew.

• Andrew,

you are right with the division into 512 parts for level 9.

See this image with the areofly tiles at a lower level:

aerofly FS 2 coffee party

The size in nautic miles varies whether you are close to the poles or to the equator.
    It's a calculation of degrees: 360 degrees/512 = 0.703125 degree per tile (in E-W extension). Divide by 2 for N-S extension.

Skipping Level 9? I didn't try it yet.

But I assume you will see the basic aerofly levels until you are close enough to automatically display the higher levels.

You are welcome

Rodeo