2D view in VR: does it make a difference?

• When I fly in VR I have the option to either show the VR view on screen (2 views side by side) or the regular view: does it make any difference which one I choose? Maybe one or the other hurts performance a little?

• I am just the opposite. Since I make videos of my Aerofly experience, I use the one window at a resolution of 3480 x 2160, which I then downscale to 1080p for YouTube.

I found that using the two eye VR view really does not add much to the experience for myself or my viewers.

• I would chose VR view on screen, as the regular view with one window will cost you some performance.

Regards

Thomas

Thanks! That's what I wanted to hear! VR view it is then.

I am just the opposite. Since I make videos of my Aerofly experience, I use the one window at a resolution of 3480 x 2160, which I then downscale to 1080p for YouTube.

I found that using the two eye VR view really does not add much to the experience for myself or my viewers.

I understand but I am only interested in performance differences. ;)

• BelGeode is right: On a stronger computer the difference might be very minute

and a one window setting more convenient for co-spectators or video recordings.

Ok, well, the reason I asked this is that I am learning to fly the Q400 and I’d like to fly it in VR but I really need to look at the checklist a lot. And probably will need to do so for quite some time. So if I use the regular 2D view on my monitor I might do certain things using that view and then put on my Rift again to enoy the VR world. Doing things on screen with that two window VR mode is a bit hard. ;)