oculus uninstalled

• just uninstalled oculus as afs now looks bad in hi res populated areas with lots of buildings lowering settings makes no difference,now just using 2d but afs still not good what was once clear scenery with crisp looking buildings has now become a shimmering wreck no matter how much I change settings nothing changed in my system graphic driver up to date only have afs on my system, would like to ask other users to post there flying experience in the New York area any shimmering etc as I would like to rule out something wrong with my system or is this problem related to afs. inside cockpit is ok just seems to be autogen.

Thanks,jim

• I have a pretty high-spec system with an i7 overclocked 6-core CPU, 32GB Ram and 1080ti GPU and am experiencing the same.

Deleting the Main.mcf file from the Aerofly folder and updating my drivers did seem to make a slight improvement, however, the shimmering of most buildings and some ground textures is still occurring for me too.

This is happening across all regions, not just the new DLC areas - prior to the Colorado update, I had never had this type of shimmering before.

Hopefully there is just a small bug somewhere in the code and IPACS will fix it soon.

• Don't worry you are not alone with this problem. In 2D, in big city areas like New York i have also shimmering (but a little bit better for me if i use the Nvidia DSR 2.00x) and have also sometimes drop FPS.

But not a big problem actually for me, 95% of my flight are in "rural" area where everything is ok :P

• Well, those with Nvidia 1080's and high end rigs could try this:

[Blocked Image: http://imageshack.com/a/img923/3518/Gn5pUN.jpg]

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Jim,

as I have said before, we are already looking into this so we don't need a thread with 100 posts of users complaining.

This is something that Oculus changed and we will do whatever we can to fix it.

We are also aware that a few others are seeing this.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff