PFC Gear Lever Switch

• Hi,

First post here, have had the sim a few days & am still learning my way around it.

Love the visuals but am having some issues with aircraft & controllers.

Did a search but couldn't find any info on the following.

Firstly I have a PFC SAAB Desktop yoke matched with a PFC Throttle Quadrant Console which incorporates a gear lever. This lever has two switches, one for up & a separate one for down, when setting these in the controls setup page I find I can only assign one switch & there is no option for a second. This means I can only select gear up or down with the lever & not both. Is there a work around for this?

Secondly I also have a Saitek Trim wheel which works fine however when set up it overrides trim inputs from the rocker switch selections. Is it possible to have both trim wheel & rocker switch trim working? I do find the rocker is over aggressive & makes it difficult to trim for level flight.

Thirdly, I cannot get the Lear to take off. It won't accelerate to take off speed & even if it did it spears off the runway to the right & no amount of rudder, rudder trim or brake input will stop this. I changed aircraft to the B737 & it appeared worse. Have flown both the F14 & F15 with the same control setup & they work fine. Any ideas?

Ignore the Lear issue for now, even though I had restarted the sim previously & that hadn't fixed the issue, selecting starting with the aircraft on approach appears to have cleared the problem as I was able to take off OK following the landing.

Cheers,

Ross

Edited once, last by Rossco (December 22, 2017 at 11:47 PM).

• Hi Ross,

your landing gear switch is probably a "hold on = gear down" kind of thing, which I think is not supported yet. When you move the switch up and down you should still be able to toggle the landing gear though.

The issue with the Learjet and other aircraft probably comes from a bad calibration of your pedals if you have a pair. When asked to neutralize controls I think you currently have to deflect brakes to 50% to avoid issues.

Another cause for this could be asymmetric thrust. Please either assign all throttle axis with the same one or delete all throttle assignments and then collapse the menu (little plus on the left) and then assign only one axis as master.

Also check that your tiller input is either not set (rudder will be used) or that your tiller input is also centered and calibrated. If not, you should see your nose gear turned from an outside view.

• Hi Jan,

Thanks for the quick reply.

The landing gear switch is a single press for each position I believe so there are two separate switches, one in the up position of the lever & a separate one in the down position. I currently have it set to set in the up position so take off is no issue. To get the gear to extend I have to put my leaver down then up again. I usually put it down then hit the "G" key.

I have found the issue with the pulling off the runway. It was the reverse thrust calibration & one of the thrusters was engaging. I believe I have it fixed now. The Lear appears to have quite some functionality which I'm in the middle of familiarizing myself with. Have found the tutorial so will have a play with that.

Any idea about the trim or is it the way it is programmed, an axis overides a switch?

• Hi Jan,

Thanks for the clarification.

For those of us with changeable throttle axis (PFC, Saitek & CH) is there the possibility in the future to save applied settings for different aircraft similar to P3D? Will save having to re assign every time you change aircraft from a piston/Turbo prop to a twin jet with spoilers & flap axis. Just import the appropriate saved configuration then go flying. :)