Flight Information in VR

• This is on our list to be done but it's been pushed back a bit since there wasn't too many requests about it.

We will eventually get it working for VR users but not in the immediate future.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• OK, thanks!

I realized after posting this that the flight info banner would have to be floating if it was in VR. My mind hasn't fully made the paradigm shift from 2D monitors to VR headsets yet. Some kind of flight info box might be easier said than done. I guess the HUD is the way to go, but I find it hard to read and distracting when flying for sight-seeing. I guess all I'm asking for is a way to know, when in external views, if I'm flying straight and level, flaps position, direction of travel, climbing/descending, etc. Most of this is presented in the Flight Information banner. I guess it could be fixed at the top as now, and you would turn your head to look at it when needed (not floating).

Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

• The HUD in VR can be made larger if you need it. Just change the setting in the menu.

Also, for VR, if you have a good enough computer you can increase the 'render scale factor', this will sharpen the resolution making it easier to see small print in your flightdeck.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff