Aerofly FS2 und Windows Mixed Reality (ohne Steam)

• Hallo Aerofly Team

Ich habe den Aerofly FS2, die steamfreie Version. Nun habe ich mir eine Windows Mixed Reality Brille gekauft, nämlich die Medion Erazer X1000. Leider weiss ich aber nicht, wie der Startbefehl ergänzt werden muss, damit der VR-Modus erkannt wird. Ich hab's mit -othervr versucht, aber keinen Erfolg gehabt. Oder ist das noch gar nicht möglich? Auf die Steam-Variante, wo es offenbar geht, möchte ich jedoch auf jeden Fall verzichten.

Besten Dank für Infos dazu.

• If you refuse to use steamVR, then the only other thing I might try is revive.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Thank you, HiFlyer. Can you tell me how to do this? Of course, I would also like to know, what the development team of Ipacs proposes resp. intends to do. IMHO Windows Mixed Reality is coming up with large sales of VR glasses. So AFS2 should finally become compatible with, for sure, also outside steam.

I had Steam with AFS2 and Oculus Rift for a while. I stopped all, because I hate to be observed all the time and want to fly without need for a continuous internet connection. Just my two cents...

• I would also like to know, what the development team of Ipacs proposes resp. intends to do.

WMR works perfectly fine with SteamVR just as intended, and also works with Oculus just as intended. Your decision to use the headset in a way not designed is unfortunately not ipacs responsibility.

That being said, here is the information on revive: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-play-oculu…-games-htc-vive

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• When AFS2 came on the market the first time, I installed it with steam, because there was no other way. Then I and probably a lot of other users complained the dependency of this fantastic flight simulator from steam. The result: Ipacs produced a new variant without steam. With pleasure, I bought this AFS2 again and I am now very happy with it. So the Ipacs development team is very flexible and customer friendly. Why not ask for Windows Mixed Reality compatibility in this growing market?

Thanks for the link.

• When AFS2 came on the market the first time, I installed it with steam, because there was no other way. Then I and probably a lot of other users complained the dependency of this fantastic flight simulator from steam. The result: Ipacs produced a new variant without steam. With pleasure, I bought this AFS2 again and I am now very happy with it. So the Ipacs development team is very flexible and customer friendly. Why not ask for Windows Mixed Reality compatibility in this growing market?

Thanks for the link.

• Hi all,

I bought the DVD version of AFS2 and now a HP Reverb VR headset. I canˋt seem to find any information how to get AFS running in VR on a Windows Mixed Reality device. Any hint on how to set this up?

Thank you,

Ludger

I doubt you can. IPACS doesn't support WMR directly, you need Windows Mixed Reality for SteamVR

https://store.steampowered.com/app/719950/Win…ty_for_SteamVR/