[RESOLVED]: Custom sceneries are not loaded

• Hello everyone, need help:

I have AeroFly FS2 through Steam. The sim is located on DISK E:

I've tried to put all the sceneries under

• C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Aerofly FS 2\scenery\
    • E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator\scenery

None worked! The problem is that it's not reflected when I run the sim or open Location in Settings.

Please also see attached screenshot form the Windows Explorer.

Any idea what I am missing or what I did wrong?

Is there some cache or log file I need to clean up (like in XPlane)?

Is there a settings where I am supposed to allow custom sceneries?

Thank you in advance.

• If you want to install user addons in a location other than the C disk - for me - the following works smoothly (PC):

First I choose my big disk (D, E, F, etc.).

Then I create a folder for Aerofly FS2 freeware addons: E:\AFS2_addons\

Then I open the file "main.mcf" - located in C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Aerofly FS 2 - and type in where AFS2 can find the new folder:

<[string8][extra_user_folder][e:\AFS2_addons]>

Then I install / move the files (images, cultivaton, elevation, etc.) to their respective folders:

E:\AFS2_addons\scenery

....................................\scenery\elevation (mesh)

....................................\scenery\images (contains ortho photo / google-bing, etc.)

....................................\scenery\places (contains airports, cultivaton, etc.).

• <[string8][extra_user_folder][e:\AFS2_addons]>

1. That helped! Thank you!

2. It's good to know there is a configuration file like this.

3. It looks like for me it was also a problem that I had an extra folder between "scenery" and "images", "elevation", "places" etc. (I had a country name "czechrepublic")

• meyer March 7, 2020 at 11:40 AM

Changed the title of the thread from “Custom sceneries are not loaded” to “[RESOLVED]: Custom sceneries are not loaded”.
  • 3. It looks like for me it was also a problem that I had an extra folder between "scenery" and "images", "elevation", "places" etc. (I had a country name "czechrepublic")

Yes. It must be: .......\scenery\images\czechrepublic\

Here is an example from Project Lofoten, Norway (no):

• Yes. It must be: .......\scenery\images\czechrepublic\

Do you mean \czechrepublic must be between "images, elevation" and "[city or region], not between "scenery" and "images, elevation"? Currently I am placing cities (or regions) directly into "scenery" folder (I mean, I removed czechrepublic completely).

• Do you mean \czechrepublic must be between "images, elevation" and "[city or region], not between "scenery" and "images, elevation"?

You do not need the "czechrepublic" folder. But then it can quickly get messy. Therefore, it may be appropriate to place the files by, for example, countries.

I use the same example above - then your files will be placed in the following folders:

E:\AFS2_addons\scenery

....................................\scenery\elevation\czechrepublic ----> (mesh)

....................................\scenery\images\czechrepublic ----> (contains ortho photo / google-bing, etc.)

....................................\scenery\places\czechrepublic ----> (contains airports, cultivaton, etc.).