• I play the PC version and there is an option to always keep the map displayed on the screen (A widget type thing). this really helps me

But, I just bought the iOs version. SIMPLY amazing. But I cannot seem to find that map option anywhere. Does it exist in the mobile version ?

I know I can go into the navigation menus and see the map, but I am talking about the map (while in flight) in the bottom left hand corner

• Hi. I think there’s no mean to display it when flying.

A few months ago, the map popped up with no reason while flying (the fight was suspended). It looked like a bug, but the back button restored the flight. So it looked to be a feature without being really implemented.

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Captain Airbus Edition
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback | X-ATC Chatter
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

• Hi. I think there’s no mean to display it when flying.

A few months ago, the map popped up with no reason while flying (the fight was suspended). It looked like a bug, but the back button restored the flight. So it looked to be a feature without being really implemented.

Thank you

Is there a quick way (during the flight) I can see what the total distance to runway is? So I can better prepare for landing. Missing that map confuses me a bit

• The remaining legs total distance would be useful. Real FMCs would give you that but they only partially work in Aerofly.

You can use one of the nav radios to display a DME distance if there is a VOR or ILS with a DME on or close to the airport, for example at San Francisco putting 115.80 on one of the nav radios will show the Distance Measuring Equipment distance to the VOR radio beacon in the centre of the runways. If you take a mile off that distance you will get the distance to the start of the 2 mile long runways.

Putting an ILS frequency such as 111.55 on a nav radio will give you the distance to the start of runway 25 at Denver. Some ILSs give you the distance the the far end of the runway so it can be misleading.

In Aerofly most DMEs work for over 100 miles.

The SkyVector.com site gives great navigation radio information from clicking the map on an airport. On the map VOR symbols inside a box are ones with DME. A triangle symbol with black blocks on the tips is a VORTAC which also gives VOR and DME.

Try it out and see if you like it. It is not difficult.