Help with flying the UH60

• I really like the UH-60 but don't use it as much as I would because of some problems I find when operating it . I'm not sure if it's a failure to understand how to operate it or the way my controls are set up or both. My thrustmaster hotas joystick is set up with throttles and collective on the units throttle bar axis. This works fine on R22 and EC135 but on the UH60 I find when trying to decend the engines and rotor speed plunge and the Heli sinks and you can't get the power up in time to save it. I guess having engine rpm and collective on same axis is not ideal, and I would prefer to be able to not have the rpm on a joystick axis but buttons since, generally the Heli engines run at high speed and the collective is used to adjust lift via the rotors... But that doesn't seem to be an option for me. Be grateful for some pointers here Jan so I can get the most out of this aircraft with the control setup I have available.

KR Matt

• I really like the UH-60 but don't use it as much as I would because of some problems I find when operating it . I'm not sure if it's a failure to understand how to operate it or the way my controls are set up or both. My thrustmaster hotas joystick is set up with throttles and collective on the units throttle bar axis. This works fine on R22 and EC135 but on the UH60 I find when trying to decend the engines and rotor speed plunge and the Heli sinks and you can't get the power up in time to save it. I guess having engine rpm and collective on same axis is not ideal, and I would prefer to be able to not have the rpm on a joystick axis but buttons since, generally the Heli engines run at high speed and the collective is used to adjust lift via the rotors... But that doesn't seem to be an option for me. Be grateful for some pointers here Jan so I can get the most out of this aircraft with the control setup I have available.

KR Matt

In controls, don't map the throttle, just map your Hotas throttle to the "collective" at the top above the pitch, roll, in your Heli mapping setup.

• We have a tutorial on the UH-60 which could help: https://www.aerofly.com/tutorials/uh-6…-cold-and-dark/

Do not assign the throttle unless you already know the helicopter well and want to practice power off auto-rotation landings. Just keep the throttle at 100% for the duration of the flight and only reduce it to idle for engine shut down and engine start. The throttle lever in the UH60 is the maximum power that the engine is allowed to output. So if you pull the throttle back to idle then the engines cannot produce power when you pull up the collective.

• That wasn't straight forward but I think that has done it. I had to reset the settings and redo them. There doesn't seem to be an easy way to remove an axis from an entry once its assigned. Also it would be useful to be able to set a joystick button to increment the throttle up and down for the helicopters when you are not in the VC. At the moment you can only set a button for up it seems. Thanks for your help guys.

KR Matt