Who still wants FS 2 airports?

• I have seen that some people still only use Aerofly FS 2 and have not Updated to FS 4 yet.

So for me, as a scenery/airport creater, I need to know if I have to make both versions of an airport (FS2/FS4) and if the extra time spent on it, makes sense.

Because building a FS 2 airport requires more time then a FS 4 airport (thanks to the AirportCreationTool) and then updating this FS 2 airport is sometimes really painfull and difficult.

So the people who still exclusivly use Aerofly FS 2, can you please write here down if you want new airports.

And when enough people want airports for FS 2 I will make them also available.

(But keep in mind that the airports will take longer to complete)

Best Regards

• With my grandson I am developing a small software to import airfields created in FSCloudPort for FS2 into AirportCreationTool for FS4.

Therefore it offers itself

- first create an airfield in FSCloudPort for FS2

- and then import it into AirportCreationTool and add there for FS4 what is not feasible in FSCloudPort (mainly tarmacs and lines as well as further details about parking positions, helipads and runways).

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• I have both FS2 and FS4. Thanks to previous DLC's as well as flight-sim dot org I already have enough FS2 scenery. So, my vote would be to concentrate on FS4.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro w/Air Link, Vive Pro

• The automatic transfer of the tsc and toc files of an FS2 airfield into a tap file of an FS4 airfield can also be reversed to a limited extent, but with the restrictions that then the runwy objects and possibly some xref objects are still missing in FS2.

I have decided for this procedure:

- I create new airfields that do not yet exist in FSCloudPort only in the AirportCreationTool for FS4, because I think this is forward-looking.

- I transfer already in FSCloudPort existing airfields into the AirportCreation Tool and adapt them there if necessary.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries