AEROFLY RC10 first impression and feedback after upgrading RC9

• I have to say, it looks nice, a little more childish like the RealFlight Software, but nothing to argue about .

But now you all need to prepare your self, here is my proper Jeremy Clarson RANT! or xJet rant pick either one.

[a/ RANT START \a]

The new planes, EDF´s... Viper, and Viper Mini, both are F-ING MINI !! and both EDF´s that sounds so bad that my old Commodore 64 make better sound in the game 1942 shooting down planes. than that EDF sound... i would not understand WHY!! WHY EDF in a Simulator?!?!?! even tho the throttle response seams to be correct for a EDF it at least can SOUND like a proper Turbine!!

Make them bigger (sure i use the slider to make them bigger like 2+ meter wingspan but the resolution get bad FAST on the planes you size up with the slider),
    and make the look like a fiberglased Viper instead of this Kebab lunchbox foam EDF crap.
    This is in my eyes just pure Laziness! DAMN EXPENSIVE laziness!! the price of the sim, is much high than ANY AAA Game, even for the Upgrade. sure its a sim and not a PC game, i do edmit its a difference.

but still releasing a new version, with foam EDF´s instead of a proper CARF or C&C Model version of the ViperJet with a proper Jet Turbine sound. its just LAZY and some what greedy.

what you should have done is create a digital copy of a proper fiberglass ViperJet and then have a proper Turbine sound to it, and then you just had to do was two different power curves for EDF´s and Turbine version, not much, but its enough to pleas most of us.

i am pretty sure there is other types of planes someone else think the same of as me. so what iam asking for, dont cheat on us then you have these prices.

and btw, EDF sound terrible IRL, but this EDF sound was so bad that the sun would flame out due to its sooooo bad.

and to pile up more on the rant pile, i feelt you guy´s where a bit cheap even in RC9 with the lack of Tubine planes. Want more, and want to be able to make them in different size, weight and thrust config´s. this Sim tool is good to keep your skill up during the winter then you getting older, and your planes more expensive.
    And you can probly figure out what kind of expensive planes i fly and want to keep my pilot skill good enough for every situation to bring the stuff back safely as possible.

RC9 had the MB339 and the T-45 BAE Hawk, that good, the classic BobCat and a few other. but most of them where same aircraft with different skin

so for RC10, i was very happy then idid see the ViperJet, but super disappointed then it was simple foam detailed and EDF powered Vipers.

[a/ RANT OVER \a]

SO PLEAS!! make a hotfix / patch to fix this!

i understand i might be the only one complaining or caring at all... but i do, the SiM is expensive, and it should have a high level of quality.

• Engine sounds are truly the bane of this simulator.

• My version isn´t registered yet and I´m afraid to do so, cause then there´s no way to get the money back. Nobody´s happy about RC10 right now?

Apart from certain small bugs which will certainly be corrected by patches, I do not regret having bought it just for the modernized menu and the aircraft stall adjustment. But if you want value for your money and consider that the addition of planes and the few upgrades like ground lighting are not worth the expense, then wait for the RC11.

• Can´t wait for another two years. Activated the software and had a short play. So far no reason for a rant.

Torque trainer is a little different than on XTR2 yes and stalling is a thing to figure out. I thought there would be more indoor aerobatic planes when talking about "300+" planes.

I saw in the credits that Gernot Bruckmann was involved somehow. That´s what I like.

Strong wind on the slope doesn´t seem very real to me. F3F Plane is a shaking around but seems not to slow down like it should - especially with full flaps...

Don´t know what ground lighting is. :)

• Don´t know what ground lighting is. :)

• Apart from certain small bugs which will certainly be corrected by patches, I do not regret having bought it just for the modernized menu and the aircraft stall adjustment. But if you want value for your money and consider that the addition of planes and the few upgrades like ground lighting are not worth the expense, then wait for the RC11.

Ground lighting in 4d fields is kinda cool but i'm finding it a bit difficult to find aircraft that have this. I only seem to be able to see this if I load the model and then check if the model functions include a Light on/off option. So far the only heli's I've found (thanks to your YT vid) is the Bell and Super Puma. Surely there must be a simpler way to locate these? Thanks again for your YT vids mate and cheers.

Edit; Pity that the ground lighting effects don't work in VR. Sort of like Aerofly FS2 before this was added to FS4. I guess we'll need to wait for RC11 to see things lit up in VR, lol!

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro w/Air Link, Vive Pro

Edited 2 times, last by TomC RLG (November 2, 2023 at 2:53 AM).

• I upgraded from RC9 to RC10 last night (PC standalone version). I use soley in VR with PIMAX 8KX.

After applying the latest update it's still a little buggy.
    The basketball court 4D Scenery has a permanent dark band across the top 3/4 of the view like i'm wearing a fighter pilot visor :) I would very much like to solve this issue.
    The Veloxity model (maybe other electrics as well) does not have any low throttle sound. It farts when i go above 75% throttle, quite amusing for the first minute. the crash sound is still active and all gas powered planes i tried were also working.

Tonight i will update both sound and graphics firmware to see if this helps.

• So i have updated all the drivers, i had to roll back my Nvidia Driver as RC10 was even worse under the latest 552.xx driver.

With the latest Nvidia 552 Driver the same results still exist.

Basketball Court has dark tint from the top down. Electric plane sounds is still not working.