About Aerofly Missionsgerät

• Hi FrankLFRS , I am the author of the Missionsgerät, and I am glad to help.

The Missionsgerät converts many formats in many other formats, and X-Plane's FMS files are on the list for import as well as export (see https://fboes.github.io/aerofly-missio…stallation.html for the complete list). If your are referring to another FMS format you may be out of luck, but if there is documentation on the format I can build an import in the future. ;)

The TMC file need to go to a special folder (and needs to have a special name), see https://fboes.github.io/aerofly-missio…stallation.html

Actually there was a suggestion to IPACS to accept more TMC files in that folder, but I think that idea stalled.

• Armitage

Congratulations for your web application.
    It has accepted a FMS file supposed to be an X-Plane one.
    I see that the ball is in the IPACS side.

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Quadrant Airbus | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback | X-ATC Chatter | FlyWithLua
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

• Dear Jet-Pack (IPACS)

I have a request.

There is a web tool to create a FMS file (X-Plane flight plan), and another tool to convert it on a TMC file (Aerofly flight plan mission).

Online Flight Planner - ONLY FOR FLIGHT SIMULATION you can create a flight plan from SID to STAR respecting airways and you can use AIRAC 1301 that matches Aerofly best. You can obtain a FMS file among many other formats.

Aerofly Missionsgerät (fboes.github.io) you can convert the FMS file to a TMC file (related to the custom_missions.tmc).

The idea is to be able to put the final TMC files in a folder of Aerofly installation and be able to select one of them to automatically fill the route in the Navigation Menu for example.

Thank you and best regards.

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Quadrant Airbus | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback | X-ATC Chatter | FlyWithLua
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

• The idea is to be able to put the final TMC files in a folder of Aerofly installation and be able to select one of them to automatically fill the route in the Navigation Menu for example.

This is a brilliant idea, which can be broken up in multiple steps:

1. Have AFS4 show all missions from all TMC files in a given folder.
    2. Have a selector for TMC files from a given folder, than show the missions from the selected file.
    3. Have a "file open" dialog to open TMC files from any location, e.g. "Downloads" folder
    4. Build a small integrated file conversion to also open up other flight plan file formats (as the Missionsgerät proves this is not a difficult task if you're not picky about some information being lost along the way).

Oh, and one more feature:

1. Have ASF4 export the current flight plan and flight settings into a file (like the Missionsgerät does with the main.mcf file)

I think this would open up AFS4 not only to the idea of storing your favourite flights, but also to sharing cool flights with the community. (Like https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index…for-fs2-or-fs4/, but much easier to create and share.)

Actually the whole discussion brought me back to my old flight adventure idea, so maybe I build a road trip in the Carribbean. :/