RC10 scenery

• Dear IPACS,

I'm looking into purchasing RC10 as a 2nd RC SIM (I have Real Flight 9.5). I noticed in the teaser videos what looks to be like real water renditioning and nice photo scenery. Seeing how your the developer of that flight SIM, isn't there a way of using the same water rendering technics you used for RC10 that can be used for FS4 to give us some real water instead of the colored bloches we currently identify as water...? I'm curious :/

• Rendering water is to big of a deal. It's masking where the water should be which is a lot of work.

We somehow need to efficiently create the polygon shapes of the water without cutting into the shoreline and without leaving too much aerial images with water that isn't rendered as water. On a global scale that's a tremendous amount of data and we need to find a way to store all that efficiently.

On the Aerofly RC Sim the world is quite small, and flat. On Aerofly FS the world is true scale and curved and much larger than you could ever load into your computer RAM all at once, not even speaking of the mobile version.

So yeah, it's possible but also not all that easy.

Regards,

Jan