737-500Departure from navigation route

• This is a video I recorded without setting wind direction, turbulence and turbulence, Android version 01.01.03.12

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• When I selected the RNAV approach procedure in the navigation menu and used vertical navigation for the final approach, the aircraft lost navigation in the last 1 nautical mile or so and went seriously off course. The previous flight was scheduled to land at Dubai Airport but veered to the left. This time, the plane veered to the right as it landed at Princess Juliana International Airport

You have to check if there are any discontinuities on your route. Because, if there is, your aircraft will no longer follow the route previously created in the navigation menu and will start flying aimlessly. Do you have any screenshots that show your complete route to Dubai? In the navigation menu you can see if there is any discontinuity in the route.

• You have to check if there are any discontinuities on your route. Because, if there is, your aircraft will no longer follow the route previously created in the navigation menu and will start flying aimlessly. Do you have any screenshots that show your complete route to Dubai? In the navigation menu you can see if there is any discontinuity in the route.

I've seen it and there were no interruptions and it was the same on the last flight:(

• I've seen it and there were no interruptions and it was the same on the last flight:(

Another situation that may have occurred is the following: the Boeing 737-500 does not fly by RNAV but only by VOR and NDB. It is an aircraft of old design, incorporating almost none of the navigation that more modern aircraft use. As you selected an RNAV approach, your aircraft ended up leaving the route due to not having the appropriate instruments for this type of navigation. To resolve any doubts, I suggest you take this same route with the RNAV approach on the Boeing 777, 737-900ER, 787 or 747 as these are aircraft that can easily fly via RNAV. When your aircraft is on final approach, check whether it will leave the route just like the 737-500.

• Another situation that may have occurred is the following: the Boeing 737-500 does not fly by RNAV but only by VOR and NDB. It is an aircraft of old design, incorporating almost none of the navigation that more modern aircraft use. As you selected an RNAV approach, your aircraft ended up leaving the route due to not having the appropriate instruments for this type of navigation. To resolve any doubts, I suggest you take this same route with the RNAV approach on the Boeing 777, 737-900ER, 787 or 747 as these are aircraft that can easily fly via RNAV. When your aircraft is on final approach, check whether it will leave the route just like the 737-500.

I think it might be like what you said:)thank you

• Accurate and sophisticated area navigation is possible with DME and VOR reception only, GPS and inertial navigation/inertial reference systems are not essential. The ‘-500’ in Aerofly seems to be a modified bought in program based on a -200 with the later -200’s current type autopilot system and a single FMS/CDU so it should be perfectly capable of doing automatic area navigation over populated land areas.
    Aerofly doesn’t like sharp turns in its routes. Three legs with two 45 degree turns works much better than two legs with a single 90 degree turn.

• the aircraft lost navigation in the last 1 nautical mile or so and went seriously off course.

The plane doesn’t have autoland. Even with the ILS coupled to the autopilot the final landing needs to be hand flown. Turn off the auto pilot (and the autothrottle for the best) at between one thousand and 500 feet and follow the ILS or visual cues to the runway.

You might have got a little closer with the autopilot following the ILS in the sim? but the autopilot will disconnect if you try to take it below 500 feet.