Santa has been kind, Lynx MK7 is available

• Hi all

Santa is a little busy so he asked me to upload the Mighty Lynx MK7 for you.8|

Lynx MK7 Is back - Flight-Sim.org
    Hi all Santa is a little busy so he asked me to upload the Mighty Lynx MK7 for you. Please don't complain its a pain to fly, I know, helicopters are just…
    flight-sim.org

Please don't complain its a pain to fly, I know, helicopters are just like that and if you think its that bad, then delete it, it was free after all. There is no easy hold my hand option with this one. It was also difficult to make it ready to jump in and start flying, it was never designed to be that way. I have got it as close as I can but you will have to wait 15 seconds or so for the rotor speed to catch up, it was either that or spin around on the spot. A Skid Friction value would help but there isn't one yet. It will give you time to set your radios, navigation aids etc. Do check the AFCS is engaged before you fly, all lights should be on except Bar Alt. It does have VOR and ADF. Tans now displays Lat/Long and hdg/dist for VOR or HDG for ADF (How accurately is another thing entirely just like the real one)

For those who want to experience what a pain the Lynx was to start, use the cold and dark setup. Read the manual on full start procedure. Some eng/rotor figures will not be the same as quoted in the manual as FS4 has changed somewhat since FS2.

Easier if you map throttles to hotas throttle pots if you have them like the X52. Also rotor brake to a slider, again like the X52. If you want Heading Hold and Bar Alt, these have been assigned to lights Taxi and Beacon (read the manual) as there are still no user assignable commands in FS4. Both Heading Hold and Bar Alt are not very accurate, the coding is very old and I'm not party to any new code for autopilot stuff. They are useable but you need to be gentle and keep an eye on them. Bit like the real thing.

Like the Apache it does use fuel so keep an eye on your tanks.

Any problems give Santa a shout as I'm closing down till the New Year. Hint. I think Santa resides in the IPACS forum not Flight-Sim.org

Steve

PS. Controls are lively (like the real thing) so don't say I didn't warn you||

• Thanks Steve!

It is true that this lynx is difficult to tame, it is better to stroke it in the right direction of the hair, because it turns like a weather vane.=O Happy Christmas🎅

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

• Its the same coding as for FS2 yet the two versions are very different. FS2 flies well and FS4 is a bit of an animal. Do make use of trim, either on your joystick of the AFCS box itself. Something has changed under the hood of FS4 for sure that I am unaware of :S