IAC Cards in Cockpit of Aerobatic Airplanes

• How do I go about requesting: A simple, fast way to place a custom IAC maneuvers card on the panel of the aerobatic airplanes. It should be as near the normal field of view as practical, without obstructing instruments that might be necessary during aerobatics. Preferably pdf, but can convert to another format (From OpenAero output). This simulator is the best there is for simulating aerobatics, while using VR. Problem is, when using VR, I can't reference my maneuvers card easily. This one feature will make this an extraordinarily useful tool for IAC aerobatics practice at all levels. Well, that and adding IAC aerobatic box markings wherever I want. But the card on the panel is first priority in my mind. Please, please please.

• We have thought about this but don't yet have a good solution to importing the data. PDF allows too much so that we would need to include a third party PDF reader which comes with all kinds of headaches for our multi-platform sim. Users would then probably have to save the sequence as a square texture and convert it but that's not an easy plug and play system.

Regards,

Jan

• Maybe a custom knee board which can display a bitmap file (PNG, JPG, BMP) would be the answer. (Or even multiple files.) This could be visible in any plane, and could be used for checklists, maps and general flight bag stuff.

I'd like to have one of these in the Pitts S-2 or the jet trainers.

• We have thought about this but don't yet have a good solution to importing the data. PDF allows too much so that we would need to include a third party PDF reader which comes with all kinds of headaches for our multi-platform sim. Users would then probably have to save the sequence as a square texture and convert it but that's not an easy plug and play system.

Thanks for thinking about it! I don't mind converting to any image format. And IAC the aerobatic boxes? Have you considered that? Those two things would really be the cat's meow.

• If it helps 'OVR toolkit' on steam allows you to import windows into VR. I use it with afs4 for charts etc and it works really well. Cheers

Steve

Thanks for this suggestion. I finally got around to trying it just now and it works really well to put a Form B in the cockpit. Now we just need boxes please! The markings baked into the ground textures at Borrego Springs are visible, but just barely.