• Your thousandth question about the 737 Max and counting... don't you get tired of filling the forum with repetitive questions about the 737 Max? As far as we know, the plane is already well underway and almost ready to be launched at Aerofly. There is no need for you to keep repeating the same questions about the 737 Max on the forum.

• Your thousandth question about the 737 Max and counting... don't you get tired of filling the forum with repetitive questions about the 737 Max? As far as we know, the plane is already well underway and almost ready to be launched at Aerofly. There is no need for you to keep repeating the same questions about the 737 Max on the forum.

This is an unrelated question: I just wanted to know about MCAS. Stop being so protective. You only reply when you want to be negative and seek attention.

When did either of you start using the sim? I've been playing for eight years and have seen the game evolve. You seemed to have switched over 2 months ago and don't understand the timeline of IPACS' development. They have a small team, so the slow progress is understandable, but I was making a simple enquiry regarding what features are unique to the MAX vs the NG. Your comments make very little sense and are quite wearisome.

Kind regards and safe flying.

-Thekingbuji333

Edited once, last by Jet-Pack (IPACS): Merged a post created by Thekingbuji333 into this post. (February 12, 2024 at 8:04 AM).

• This is an unrelated question: I just wanted to know about MCAS. Stop being so protective. You only reply when you want to be negative and seek attention.

Every week you ask about the 737 Max. And there is nothing protective here. We all already know that the plane is well underway. There's no need for you to keep repeating the same questions about a plane that's about to be launched. You end up being annoying in addition to annoying other forum users. Aerofly is not just about the 737 Max. We currently have incredible planes that are serving the simulator very well. While you keep filling the forum with the same questions, you could be taking a beautiful flight on the 737-900ER, which is excellent for exploring the world on Aerofly.

• Every week you ask about the 737 Max. And there is nothing protective here. We all already know that the plane is well underway. There's no need for you to keep repeating the same questions about a plane that's about to be launched. You end up being annoying in addition to annoying other forum users. Aerofly is not just about the 737 Max. We currently have incredible planes that are serving the simulator very well. While you keep filling the forum with the same questions, you could be taking a beautiful flight on the 737-900ER, which is excellent for exploring the world on Aerofly.

I'm not asking about when it will be released, but rather if MCAS will be simulated. If you feel that this is annoying, that's your view. I've flown the B737-900ER 20 times in the sim for a total of around 26 hours of flight and have taken 18 flights IRL with Delta and KLM on the type. I mainly fly in the US, Australia, and Europe and have had a good time over the past 8 years. We started with Switzerland and the sim has now expanded to cover the entire planet during my time using it. I'm happy with its progress. I apologise for being annoying, but let's change our focus towards being positive. I was optimistically making an enquiry.

You yourself were speaking about a new business aircraft before the MAX even releases, so your posts were a bit hypocritical. However, I joined in with ideas. Perhaps this could be considered? https://www.pilatus-aircraft.com/en/fly/pc-24

-Thekingbuji333

• Please keep it civilized, guys!

It is okay to ask questions about upcoming features, it shows a general interest in the things we do and that is good. @Thekingbuji333 yes it would be nice if you keep all questions related to the Max in one thread and don't open new ones every week. And I think several people are annoyed by this, so don't hesitate to re-use your existing threads with similar topics.

Now for the actual question:
    The 737 Max has several differences in the cockpit compared to the 737 NG and also many external changes. We looked at detail what Boeing changed in the real aircraft and did the same for our aircraft: http://www.b737.org.uk/737maxdiffs.htm

So besides the obvious large screens in front you can expect several small details in the overhead panel for example. And of course the engines have changed.

MCAS is fully simulated, we implemented the latest version that is currently flying with dual sensors and synthetic third source from last mid-value, single activation per high AOA event and automatic reset after recovery. The old MCAS fault will probably not be available per default, perhaps rather as a user made modification.

There are several systems I want to add yet. Not sure if they will be included in the initial release or not.
    For example: bowed rotor motoring (BRM), fly by wire spoiler (FBW) features: http://www.b737.org.uk/max-spoilers.htm

I probably wont add the onboard maintenance system, that's a bit too much for a default sim aircraft.

• Does it have a tendency to lift its nose when the engines are at high power?

• Does it have a tendency to lift its nose when the engines are at high power?

So does every airplane with engines mounted under the wing. The Max in particular had an issue where the engine cowling itself would cause an increased pitch up at high angle of attack because of the increased engine size. This would mean that close to the stall only little back pressure would be required to get into the stall. This was too small so they added MCAS to increase the required force on the yoke. Not sure why they didn't just adjust the elevator feel system, but oh well. The increased required yoke force is somewhat simulated through MCAS but on mobile it's hard to bring across because of the auto-trim assistance and the lack of any spring force that returns your ipad or phone back to neutral. So it's not really possible to simulate this.

• So does every airplane with engines mounted under the wing. The Max in particular had an issue where the engine cowling itself would cause an increased pitch up at high angle of attack because of the increased engine size. This would mean that close to the stall only little back pressure would be required to get into the stall. This was too small so they added MCAS to increase the required force on the yoke. Not sure why they didn't just adjust the elevator feel system, but oh well. The increased required yoke force is somewhat simulated through MCAS but on mobile it's hard to bring across because of the auto-trim assistance and the lack of any spring force that returns your ipad or phone back to neutral. So it's not really possible to simulate this.

MCAS was implemented as a Backup, since the real-life Max has a huge tendency to raise the nose with the engine at full power, basically the job of MCAS is to lower the nose in Pre-Stall, Today this can only be activated once , unlike in the past where it could be activated several times, and well, it is not to increase the necessary force of the stick, but rather an independent system that automatically throws the nose of the plane down, and well, MCAS is not a system new but an evolution of the Speed Trim system that equipped the 737 since its Classic series

• The 737 Max has several differences in the cockpit compared to the 737 NG and also many external changes. We looked at detail what Boeing changed in the real aircraft and did the same for our aircraft: http://www.b737.org.uk/737maxdiffs.htm

So besides the obvious large screens in front you can expect several small details in the overhead panel for example. And of course the engines have changed.

MCAS is fully simulated, we implemented the latest version that is currently flying with dual sensors and synthetic third source from last mid-value, single activation per high AOA event and automatic reset after recovery. The old MCAS fault will probably not be available per default, perhaps rather as a user made modification.

There are several systems I want to add yet. Not sure if they will be included in the initial release or not.
    For example: bowed rotor motoring (BRM), fly by wire spoiler (FBW) features: http://www.b737.org.uk/max-spoilers.htm

I probably wont add the onboard maintenance system, that's a bit too much for a default sim aircraft.

Jet-Pack (IPACS)

Is the bowed rotor motoring designed to protect the engines from cracking? Is that system why engine starts take so long on the MAX?

Two things which are model-specific features. Jan, please do have a look at these since I don't think they would be too hard to implement.

-On all B737-900ERs and other B737 variants equipped with the performance package, the speedbrakes are fully extended upon landing, but they slightly retract upon slowing through 60kts. This is done to increase stopping power at short-field airports. I think the 3 spoilers in the middle of the assembly are the ones that move. Please see this:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Any plans on split-scimitar winglets?

The system in action:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It's a decent resource to use for systems.

-On the B777-300ER, the outer ailerons trim up when the flaps are deployed past 25.º

I think this is somewhat relevant: https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=769137

aerofly.com/community/index.php?attachment/39584/

Thanks,
    Thekingbuji333

-Thekingbuji333

• The short field performance upgrade has been considered but it's not something most users would be able to differentiate from the default, or in other words most users don't know what it is. So development time is probably best spent somewhere else.

The split scimitar winglets look very cool but according to the decision makers they look too similar to the Max winglets and would cause confusion when selecting the airplane. I think this just comes down to personal taste. I like them but that doesn't mean a week of development time should be sacrificed for this. Perhaps sometime in the future, currently we are somewhat busy with other things.

• The short field performance upgrade has been considered but it's not something most users would be able to differentiate from the default, or in other words most users don't know what it is. So development time is probably best spent somewhere else.

The split scimitar winglets look very cool but according to the decision makers they look too similar to the Max winglets and would cause confusion when selecting the airplane. I think this just comes down to personal taste. I like them but that doesn't mean a week of development time should be sacrificed for this. Perhaps sometime in the future, currently we are somewhat busy with other things.

Ah. I see. I guess it makes since since most of the modifications are a bit subtle. The scimitars do look nice, but putting them on the back-burner makes since for now. Maybe one day we'll see them.

-Thekingbuji333