• Hi,

When I use the managed descent mode on the A320, the descent profile will suddenly steepen and the aircraft will automatically descend at over -4000fpm after the top of descent and in other certain situations. I don't use open descent mode (obviously), so what am I doing wrong? (I use STARS and ILS too) It would make sense for the descent rate to be under -3000fpm.

Kind regards and safe flying.

-Thekingbuji333

• Also, I don't understand how to intercept the localiser for RWY23 at LSGG when steeply descending at -1800fpm with a manual vector of 080º from WPT MOREG on the LUSAR arrival. Can I please have help understanding how to establish the glideslope and getting the aircraft to intercept and turn-in? I have APPR mode turned on as well as AP2 and am in the glideslope altitude but the aircraft won't turn. Please see the flight-path for reference.

I was flying as AFR1742 from LFPG. (BTW, the Air France A320 livery is a bit outdated)

Kind regards and safe flying.

-Thekingbuji333

Edited once, last by Thekingbuji333 (February 13, 2024 at 3:01 AM).

• The descent profile comes from the route which I can't change so we'll need to wait for the route developer to get time for this.

The TO Config test is a button that you have to press on the ECAM panel below the lower ECAM. It's next to the ECAM page select keys.

The FLEX temperature depends on runway length, current wind, current weight of the airplane, obstacle clearance after lift off and outside air temperature. It is adjusted for each takeoff individually so that the engine has to work as little as possible whilst allowing safe margins for an engine failure during takeoff. It's not a value the airline has fixed but it is often computed by airline dispatch ahead of time for the know variables. Pilots can of course overrule this suggestion.

Regards,

Jan

• When I use the managed descent mode on the A320, the descent profile will suddenly steepen and the aircraft will automatically descend at over -4000fpm after the top of descent and in other certain situations

You don't do wrong.

It's a very old problem, when passing some waypoints you can suddendly be above or under the descent profile. If I remember, it appeared when IPACS introduced the respect of the other constraints instead of the lastest one.

Today it is less than before.

It happens especially if there is a "less than this altitude" constraint (ex: -FL150), but not necessary.

It happens with the A380 too. But on videos, I spotted at it on other Aerofly planes.

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Quadrant Airbus | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback | X-ATC Chatter | FlyWithLua
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC