[BUG] King Air lack of performance?

• I have flown the King Air many many times in the sim.

According to the technical information regarding the airframe this plane should be able to cruise at 35.000ft (FL35) but you'd be lucky to maintain FL25 or similar without significant problems.

Is there any fix programmed on the airplane lack of performance?

Is this related to preloaded fuel by the sim? Or what else is going on?

admin  IPACS Support

• New
    • Official Post

The engines probably need some rework. They were the first turbo engines we ever added to the sim and by now we do have a bit more experience on how we can tune them to get more performance out.

Since the engines are based on a physical simulation of the thermodynamic processes in a turbo engine it's not as easy as increasing a single number.

Edit: We have a King Air C90, not a King Air 350.

• The engines probably need some rework. They were the first turbo engines we ever added to the sim and by now we do have a bit more experience on how we can tune them to get more performance out.

Since the engines are based on a physical simulation of the thermodynamic processes in a turbo engine it's not as easy as increasing a single number.

The C90’s service ceiling is 30,000 feet Jan.

Edited 2 times, last by Overloaded (May 1, 2024 at 4:29 AM).

• According to the technical information regarding the airframe this plane should be able to cruise at 35.000ft (FL35)

The different from Aerofly King Air 350 SERVICE CEILING is 35,000 feet. That is the height at which the maximum rate of climb has fallen to 100 feet per minute. That is far above any cruise level, any slight air bump or a small heading change at almost the maximum ceiling would result in a speed and height loss.

• Here are the relelevant example figures. To operate a King Air one would need a commercial or airline transport licence with a Performance Category A or C qualification and an aircraft Type Rating.

The one page guide from IPACS will not make one a proficient King Air pilot. To manually plan an individual flight would take the best part of a hour to calculate the specific performance figures.

(The weight example service ceiling of the Aerofly depicted C90 King Air is 30,000 feet).

• Here are the relelevant example figures. To operate a King Air one would need a commercial or airline transport licence with a Performance Category A or C qualification and an aircraft Type Rating.

The one page guide from IPACS will not make one a proficient King Air pilot. To manually plan an individual flight would take the best part of a hour to calculate the specific performance figures.

(The weight example service ceiling of the Aerofly depicted C90 King Air is 30,000 feet).

I stay corrected. Thank you for the clarification.

So this is a C90 then. Noted. I just read the description also inside the sim, which as IPACS just confirmed says it is a C90 GTx.

So then reaching FL30 speed performance is correct at the moment with the figures you presented. I wrongly assumed we were talking about the 350. My bad.