• I was wondering if you guys were planning an update to the autopilot controls so the autopilot can still be used even if the flight info bar is disabled?

I like to fly with the flight info bar disabled so I have use the instruments to check altitude and speed.

Regards as ever,

Gary

• Funny, I was thinking about bringing this topic back up again, too. The main problem I have with the flight info bar is that the majority of the space it occupies is used for information you already have in the panel. When using the info bar, it drives me out of my instrument scanning routine, because I tend to solely rely on it very fast, except for the F/A-18, which is the only plane where the depiction of the relevant information in the HUD is even better then the info bar.

I hope that IPACS comes up with something better in the update (if there is an update...). Entering VOR/ILS frequencies via buttons that don't go away when not used would be a further waste of already tight display real estate.

Personally, I would like an arrangement of transparent buttons that open transparent submenus in place of the info bar better. We could have a systems menu for stuff like arming auto brake and ground spoilers, a navigation menu, a map with flight planning functionality, camera settings etc. I know that this adds complexity, but the success of Infinite Flight, which relys on a lot of (poorly executed) submenus lets me hope that people will get trough this.

And again IPACS, talking about complexity, please reconsider the restrictions to the flight model in high angels of attack. Anything that happens above 20° degrees alpha is no fun at all in the iPad version, which makes the F/A-18, Extra and Pitts just half the fun they could be given the potential of their flight models.