My GTX 960 makes werid, high pitch sounds...

• when using AEFS2 with unrestricted FPS.

If I set FPS limit to VSync ( I don't use this one because it causes lot's of stuttering ), 120 or 240, everything is fine, but if I set the FPS to no limit, my PC starts making a strange high pitch noise, as if it was music, changing when I change views or menus... It is really weird, and apparently goes OFF when I START the flight ( or the sound of the aircraft overrides it ? ) ...

It's not the graphics board fans.

Limited by Main Thread...

• when using AEFS2 with unrestricted FPS.

If I set FPS limit to VSync ( I don't use this one because it causes lot's of stuttering ), 120 or 240, everything is fine, but if I set the FPS to no limit, my PC starts making a strange high pitch noise, as if it was music, changing when I change views or menus... It is really weird, and apparently goes OFF when I START the flight ( or the sound of the aircraft overrides it ? ) ...

It's not the graphics board fans.

Coil whine?

https://www.reddit.com/r/askscience/c…hine_or_squeal/

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• VSync tried to syncronize the display rate of the game with that of your monitor ( usually 60 Hz vertical display refresh rate ).

On some sims it works great, but in my rig the best is to disble it, and set FPS limit to 120. Unlimited cause the weird sound effect from the graphics board I mentioned in the OT.

Limited by Main Thread...

• If your monitor is set at 60 Hz any output from your graphics card above that rate will show ugly split screens unless you spend a lot of money or use various settings to avoid this effect. I use adaptive VSYNC in my graphics card menu and VSYNC off in FS 2. It stops the card from sending output above 60 Hz and is a good cheap option. There are hardware fixes which force the card and monitor to match each other, they are more costly. There is much more to this if you look into it.