Reflections one more

• Can anyone tell me which file(s) I have to rename to disable the reflections you see on the windows while in the cockpit of the Cessna? There are LOADS of files with the word 'reflection' in it and so far none of them have any effect in the sim: I keep on seeing those ugly reflections. Any help on this would be appreciated.

• J van E,

try to remove glass_reflection_color.ttx.

Kalr-Heinz

Yes, thanks, that worked! However, it seems that unfortunately this file takes care of more than just then reflections: everything outside seems a bit lighter and more white... this clearly works different than it does in FSX/P3D...

• Yes, thanks, that worked! However, it seems that unfortunately this file takes care of more than just then reflections: everything outside seems a bit lighter and more white... this clearly works different than it does in FSX/P3D...

Yes, this setting affects the reflections on buildings as well.

If you wish to reduce the effects of reflections transparency in general without deleting files (which I wouldn't recommend) find the file: [graphics_glass_transparency][0.1 0.75] and change the numbers to your liking. You can find this in your main.mcf file in your documents/FS2 folder.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Yes, this setting affects the reflections on buildings as well.

If you wish to reduce the effects of reflections transparency in general without deleting files (which I wouldn't recommend) find the file: [graphics_glass_transparency][0.1 0.75] and change the numbers to your liking. You can find this in your main.mcf file in your documents/FS2 folder.

Thanks for the tip but this isn't either what I am looking for... ;) It removes ALL glass reflections, so also the moving ones on the guages, it even removes the shades completely from the Cessna cockpit! I'd like to ONLY remove the reflection of the panel which are baked or etched into the windows. I could find that file for the Baron (b58_glassi_reflection.ttx) but it seems the Cessna (and other planes) use completely different files for this. It is a shame because in VR those baked in reflections really spoil the immersion.

But maybe I should indeed disable ALL reflections anyway: I see it is a generic texture that gets moved around anyway and not a real reflection. (I already wondered how come I could see the ground being reflected in the gauges...)

EDIT
    Hm, disabling transparency also disables shadows on the windows and the light etc... Nah, this isn't it either. I need to find the files that contain those etched reflections.

• Those "transparent" images on the windows I believe are built right into the aircraft model. I'll defer to Jan on this one though, I could be wrong.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• I'm afraid that's really not my metier...
    There is an environment reflection that is rendered when the aircraft is first loaded and updated every now and then. This rendering is a 360x180 sphere rendered from the airplanes origin or camera position without the airplane itself. So there is no fixed texture for what you see on the reflections as far as I know. I think the reflection texture is what controlles the strength for that texture, not sure though.

• Those "transparent" images on the windows I believe are built right into the aircraft model.

Seems like it...

I'm afraid that's really not my metier...
    There is an environment reflection that is rendered when the aircraft is first loaded and updated every now and then. This rendering is a 360x180 sphere rendered from the airplanes origin or camera position without the airplane itself. So there is no fixed texture for what you see on the reflections as far as I know. I think the reflection texture is what controlles the strength for that texture, not sure though.

There are two reflections: that environment one and the panel/interior one. I want to get rid of the panel/interior one because those images are completely fixes and simply look unreleastic and not like reflections at all. Specially in VR.