Aircraft starts at 4000 ft.!

• Starting from an airport works fine for me but when i start somewhere mid-flight it doesn't save the position and sets me back where i was before. Funny thing is when i try to start the DR-400 from an airport it spawns 15k ft above the airport. I also noticed esc doesn't work and it won't let me reassign esc for "back".

Edit:
    Deleted and converted the DR-400 again and it works now. No idea what happend there.

To spawn somewhere in the air choose your location in the location tab and press the "back" key ( esc or whatever you have assigned for that), the arrow at the top doesn't work right now

• There was a bug detected that if you use the arrow on the upper left of the navigation/location pages what you chose as a starting point wasn't recognized. An update to fix this problem is coming (possibly as early as tomorrow).

Jeff

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• I uninstalled/re-installed Aerofly, now everything is OK again.

But there must be a better way of fixing such anomalies?

As I have mentioned, a bug was detected and will be fixed in a day or so.

On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• I spoke too soon. After one successful takeoff and landing, and after restarting the PC and Aerofly, I can no longer start on the ground. It starts at 10000 ft. now.

Did you read the posted solution...? Do you use Esc to get out of the Location page? And not the arrow? The arrow is bugged right now.

• Did you read the posted solution...? Do you use Esc to get out of the Location page? And not the arrow? The arrow is bugged right now.

Yes, even using ESC to get back to the main menu, when I click START, the C172 is at 14000 ft, and the DR-400 is at 10000 ft.

So, it's not just the arrow that is bugged.

Edited once, last by jschall (February 14, 2017 at 9:38 PM).

• Yes, even using ESC to get back to the main menu, when I click START, the C172 is at 4000 ft, and the DR-400 is at 10000 ft.

So, it's not just the arrow that is bugged.

A fix is coming. Wait until it's released and see if working correctly after. If there's something else it will also be addressed.

Regards,

Jeff

• An update has been released to address the bug. Please test it out to make sure the issue has been resolved.

Regards,

Jeff

• I still have the same problem - I can't start on the ground. The C172 starts at 14000 ft. This is whether I start from the Location screen or the Navigation screen.

How can I check whether I have the latest beta release?

The version should be at EA3.80 now.

I replied to your post on Steam. Please go back to that one and respond. So that i'm not responding to you all over the place :)

This may be a new bug.

Regards,

Jeff

• I opened a ticket for this problem on ipacs.de.

They answered promptly, telling me to

"Please delete the user folder AeroflyFS2 which you can find here C:\Users"UserName"\My documents\

Then try again ".

So I did.

It fixed the problem, but of course all my settings and Jan's mod are gone. And I no longer have a Robin DR-400.

I wish ipacs support would have told me to just remove the problem files, not the whole directory!

• Please only pick one forum to post this on. I just replied to the same one you posted on the Steam Forum.

Your problem was likely caused by the mod that you had installed, affecting the Cessna, and the DR-400 may need to be updated to work properly with the latest FS 2 version as well.

If you add either of these again and your problem comes back, you know for sure what's causing it.

Regards,

Jeff