Question about mask files in adjacent tiles processed at different times

• Hello Geoconvert Devs,

I have noticed that between blocks of imagery that have been processed in different batches of geoconvert there is a dead zone where neither is displayed, only the super low res base imagery.

I am assuming this happens because of the mask files being overwritten from one geo convert batch to the next.

What can i do about those extra mask files that are blocking what is otherwise good imagery..

I have done some small tests where i process 8 multi image blocks of tiles each in their own geoconvert instance, one at a time. the end result is a grid pattern where the lines of the grid are low resolution and the spaces between the lines are my imagery.

When you process those same 8 images as a unit in one geoconvert session everything is perfectly good.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Syco

• What you are seeing is likely due to the added perimeter blending that blends your scenery into the default scenery. This small space after the area that you defined in the TMC was put in to blend user created scenery into the default scenery.

It might be a good idea to add a trigger to turn this on and off maybe within the TMC file itself for those like you that want to produce sectors of scenery and combine them into a total area.

Let me see if this is possible.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• It might be a good idea to add a trigger to turn this on and off maybe within the TMC file itself for those like you that want to produce sectors of scenery and combine them into a total area.

Let me see if this is possible.

That would be amazing!

States and even parts of states are just too large to process in huge batches, it makes sense to divide and conquer as it were.

Thank you for looking into this

• That would be amazing!

States and even parts of states are just too large to process in huge batches, it makes sense to divide and conquer as it were.

Thank you for looking into this

Dave whitav8 may have a technique that you might be interested in as I believe that he does this now due to his PC's memory limitations and his sceneries don't have this issue that I know of. Maybe he will chime in here.

As for providing a fix for this in the near future I can't guarantee that but like I said, we will discuss this internally a bit; maybe there's a fairly quick fix for it.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff