Airport dont look too great

• What you are seeing is the aerial image at a close range. You will not have the detail of the custom airports without specifically making the airport.

By making the airport I mean modeled in either AC3D, Cinema 4D, or 3DS Max.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Ok bugger, so the point of this exercise is just to get your runway recognised in the Location/Navigation system of Aerofly and that is all? Awe, I spent hours figuring that out, that was a nasty trick lol. Oh well onwards and upwards, what would you say is the most economical 3D modelling programme that you guys have a plugin for? Ive looked at a couple and they are pretty expensive :) any free ones gonna be introduced that could handle the task for a beginner or is it best to save up for a decent one? Cheers Jeff

Andy :)

• Ok bugger, so the point of this exercise is just to get your runway recognised in the Location/Navigation system of Aerofly and that is all? Awe, I spent hours figuring that out, that was a nasty trick lol. Oh well onwards and upwards, what would you say is the most economical 3D modelling programme that you guys have a plugin for? Ive looked at a couple and they are pretty expensive :) any free ones gonna be introduced that could handle the task for a beginner or is it best to save up for a decent one? Cheers Jeff

Andy :)

I would wait a little bit longer as we will be releasing new tools for AC3D that will make airport creation easier. AC3D will likely be your cheapest solution currently.

I believe that you can get it for around $89 USD.

On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Thanks heaps Jeff, I was just thinking the other day, some people early on moaned about there being nothing to do in Aerofly, missions etc, But the way you encourage us to get into the development side of things GIVES US SOMETHING TO DO, we learn new things, and for some of us me included, IT IS A MISSION! lol Hats off to you guys for having patience with us and guiding us through this very interesting process, not only hopefully do we get to enjoy the results but knowing that we are creating them is even more exciting than any Flower Bomb mission lol, POOFF!!

Andy:)

• I did my last airport on level 15 only on top of the area and looks a little better than yours (Buzzard)

I only have difficulties landing because it looks like it's build on de seven hills of Rome.

And I'm from the flattest land on the world! ^^

Ik guess that's also part of future airport building.

I got to be a master of making 3D things for my 3D printer but those 4 part screen programs I totally forgot how they work.

I Hope I can import from my own program, e.g. bgl.

• This is how game development is supposed to be :)

When developers work directly with the community great things happen.

We ALL learn from the process.

Regards,

Jeff

• Will there be a way to smooth the runways without having to create them with a modelling program? You know, so that we don't go bouncing down them after we do the minimal creation you showed us how to do in the Wiki.

Thanks for the template by the way. It made creating the airports without graphics so much easier.