Posts by pmb

I just re(installed) the complete project and made a few short hops, it looks and works outstanding! Thanks Hartman and Michael (I) for the great work.

I also modified the list entries, maybe check if they are correct and complete now.

Kind regards, Michael (II)

Hello chaps,

Just come off the flight-sim.org and I'm also confused at 63 and need to lay down in a darkened room!

Hopefully to help rather than hinder the situation I have uploaded all Norway projects into one folder numbered as used by "Hartman" for his photo scenery tiles.

Cheers Michael.

https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index…y-projects-1-6/

Thanks, Michael (I), now I can delete all Lofoten and Norway Cultivation entries in the list and replace it by this one. Highly welcome!

Kind regards, Michael (II)

That we humans are hallucinating is well known. That is why I have tried to explain the project (and the installation) short and clear. Despite that - maybe a small seminar will clarify:

My issue is not wo much with the photos part or the mesh. However - as slowly thinking as I am (aged 67) - it's not quite clear which cultivation versions belong to which photo parts, which ones are maybe obsolete and how to install them. Notably, as all of them contain building_textures directories being different I think I can't just copy them into one directory (at least I didn't with the initial parts which I installed).

Kind regards, Michael

After installing the very first part of this scenery (photo parts and cultivation) and got it working I simply copied each new addition into the existing folders, overwriting everything.

Great post, thanks. I have the first parts installed but got a bit lost inbetween. I'll go through this and adapt the list entries, as required

Kind regards, Michael

Project Lofoten_6, Norway is now ready for download.

HI,

could you give a quick summary which up-to-date files belong to the complete project and how to install them? I think the Photo part is clear from your tile image on flight-sim.org but I got a bit lost about the cultivation counterparts belonging to them, notably which ones are recent or obsolete.

You can see my present "point of view" on this in my list... which may or may not apply.

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

GTN 650 and GTN 750 make an awesome addition to a panel.

Avsim flight1 GTN Review https://www.avsim.com/home/reviews/r…avionics-r2357/

Absolutely. I'm not a real world pilot but use the F1 GTN750 in some planes in Prepar3d, and it's very useful and informative, notably under VR where I can't resort to my networked moving map. I would *love* to have it available for integration at least into a few AeroflyFS2 planes like the C172 ... but that will supposedly remain a pipe dream.

Kind regards, Michael,

I guess the attraction to FS2 varies with each person and their expectations and desires. I also still have the other sims but, very seldom to I load them up. This upcoming release is not really intended for study level ATC with all the bells and whistles, more to introduce some sounds and direction to the quiet skies and it does a very good job at that. This allows basic ATC services for the existing FS2 users with some neat limited uses of weather, wind, added METARS and a nifty configuration screen.

While I use the built-in Prepar3d ATC occasionally, I am all but an expert in this field. I would like to give the new AeroflyFS2 tool a try, but hope it will come with sufficient documentation to get ATC Noobs like me going. As I already said, I fly mostly VFR so it's leading from a parking to threshold and clearance and than from approach to parking at arrival.

Kind regards, Michael

Dass von ORBX im nächsten Jahr etwas Nennenswertes kommt, bezweifle ich (lasse mich aber gern überraschen). Momentan scheinen die angesichts des MFS, der sie völlig unvorbereitet getroffen hat, und der in diesem Lichte eher unsicheren Ertragsperspektive der forcierten X-Plane-Schiene eher nach Überlebensstrategien für das nächste Jahr zu suchen. Wie man aus dem immer kürzer werdenden Takt der Sales ablesen kann.

Umso mehr würde ich noch einmal auf die Freeware-Entwickler verweisen. AeroflyFS2-Freeware-Addons wie Paris, die Lofoten und Florida brauchen den Vergleich mit kommerziellen Produkten nicht zu scheuen. Ich kann nur jedem Einsteiger raten, meine oben von ApfelFlieger angegebene Liste einmal durchzusehen, da sind wahre Schätze dabei, in die die Entwickler viele Stunden investiert haben und die wirklich eindrucksvoll sind. Ich persönlich bin (fast) reiner Sichtflieger und für mich sind inzwischen genügend auch größere Bereiche abgedeckt, jedenfalls mehr, als ich (leider) Zeit habe abzufliegen.

Viele Grüße, Michael

Thanks, I guess as this started out nothing more than a glider nav app it is pretty basic at the moment, but I am happy to turn it into something that the community can benefit from.

Just require input regarding what is required.

Andy

To speak for myself: For basic VFR flying, it should display terrain and the plane (which it already does). Then airports (preferred at least with the main runway as the Turbo Arrow GPS does, but if too difficult airports alone would be fine), and flight plan (which unfortunately can't be exported in AeroflyFS2 yet, thus should be based on the internally created one).

This alone would be a very welcome start I would *love* to use. More sublte things like VORs, NDBs etc could be added later.

Kind regards, Michael

Hi Michael, I actually never really thought about using it in other aircraft's as I thought i was only the glider suffering with no nav, but as its stands as this is an overlay it will work in any aircraft.

:) It's amazing, our addon developers are becoming better and better every day. Is it possible to give a bunch of "likes" here?

One million thanks and best regards, Michael

Hello gonzo84,

Can you also provide us with your Navkarte for other aircraft within the simulation? I would be so happy finally to have a navigation map in VR available in all aircraft.

Add me here. At present, I mostly fly the Turbo Arrow under VR which, at least, comes with a usable GPS (contrary to the C172 GPS with its very limited functionality and poor readability).

If I could integrate your Moving Map into, say, the C172 that would be flightsim heaven. I would even be willing to pay for this.

Kind regards, Michael

Sorry, I am often late to the party (and thus, better shouldn't complain there isn't "enough" stuff to try...).

Anyway, I finally installed and explored the Lofoten scenery, and Hartman, IZ0JUB, and Taburet (whose mesh I use) have done a marvellous job. Ground textures must have been very carefully postprocessed and look coherent and beautifully colored throughout. Notably in VR, flying through the mountains and finding the small airstrips is really fun.

Thank you, guys!

Kind regards, Michael

Michael, if you need specific reference photos from New Zealand, let me know. I'll be staying there from November to January, so maybe I can help you out.

Lucky you:), thanks, that's a kind offer. I don't think I am able to make a real scenery, it's way beyond my spare time and abilities. I am just testing grounds a bit.

Attached is a small area around Auckland. Cultivation is done based on the recent version 7 script by Crispy et al. with osmToAFFS2 + LINZ-based ortho scenery. It doesn't show, though, that there are several areas which are marked as cultivated in OSM but lack individual buildings entries, thus remain uncovered. LINZ orthophotos are quite good and cloud-free but have color steps as well.

Kind regards, Michael