Posts by Spit40

I've been mulling over my purchase while i await its arrival. On specification i'm starting to think its the perfect option right now, especially at this price:

VR Resolutions

Rift: 2 x 1080 x 1200

Ody: 2 x 1440 x 1600

Pimax 4k: 2 x 1920 x 2160, but input resolution = 1280 x 1440 upscaled

Pimax 5k: 2 x 2560 x 1440 (170 FOV is approx 1.5x 110, so ~ 1700 x 1440 for 110FOV)

Pimax 8k: not interested. Same input res as 5k and less sharp

Also the Ody is a great quality AMOLED display which people rave about. As i'm mainly interested in cockpit sharp visuals I think this is my stopgap for the next 12 months or so until we have a true 8kx with AMOLED. And hopefully foveated rendering.

Since I'm not a VR user, how do you guys fly your airplanes? Looking at the above screenshots it looks like one can't even read the ASI???

Far from it. Its like being in the real thing - wearing a scuba mask as you have restricted side vision. Instruments are generally fine to read, but digital displays take some leaning in to read small digits.

Then the original Odyssey will be your best bet in my opinion and from experience (as of right now). I think kenventions provided a very good in game comparison with the original Odyssey being a bit sharper. However it's always good to get a second opinion from the doctor!

Can I blame you if I don't like it ?

Just kidding of course, but I have just ordered an original Ody - even with $123 "import duty prepayment" on top of the $299 I got it for on Amazon

I read some great reviews on Amazon about it. Sim people love it and the only -ves seemed to be from people who want to run around and pretend to kill zombies.

Just tried the SO+ with FS2 and the difference is subtle. Instruments readability is unchanged.

Fit seems stiffer - the original has a spring mechanism that attaches the display to the hat section and it flexes when the display fits to your face. The SO+ eliminated the spring flex - the display is directly attached to the hat section so it's more difficult to find a comfortable fit while keeping the lenses in the proper location for a clear view.

My 2 cents so far.

That readability is Plus verses Original I presume? Do you have experience of other headsets to compare with?

Thanks

Hovering over the button. Concerns:

* light leak. Guess i could deal with that

* ASW - guess it will improve, probably no worse than pimax

* steamvr interface. Not sure how WMR runs. Steamvr ?

* i'd lose the nice Oculus home windows overlay that allows me to see notes

* when could i get my hands on pimax - 3 months or 12?

Hello, we've just tried the Bucker and it works perfectly with motion platform. We tried also other plane and the only plane that does not work well with the platform is the DR400... Another ideas ?

Thank you.

Very odd - the SDK which your platform connects through is no doubt the same as mine although the config for mine is SImTools. The SDK simply provides the physics you experience on screen. My platform is fine with the DR400, just a bit more lively than the C172.

This one is beyond me - can you experiment with your config? Do you map movements to absolute angles or acceleration forces?

I suspect its your platform tuning. I use a platform and the C172 is a much more gentle & stable aircraft than the DR400. I get stronger movements with the DR400 and you need to tune your platform accordingly. You're probably mapping acceleration forces to movements rather than absolute angles and these will vary a lot. How do you find it with the Bucker ?

Is there the possibility of transferring this or another airport to a specific user, and that he can enjoy it?

Regards: Delfin

You've already done it! You showed us a screenshot. What you are missing is the ground texture which is not part of the airport but part of the scenery. For that you need Nick's Aeroscenery. These are the 3 steps to home made scenery for most people who aren't super techies:

1. The base of it all is photorealistic surface - use Nick's Aeroscenery (takes a little work, but much easier than it used to be)

2. Now add airports - download from http://www.fscloudport.com (very quick and easy)

3. Cultivation = autogenerated houses - See the developer section of this forum. It is the hardest of the 3

A few days ago I downloaded the runway LEST (Spain). Done this, I realize that take off and land on a runway (simple rectangle), "located in the middle of nowhere" (surface without any resolution) and without any infrastructure around the runway that we are familiar, is not anything rewarding .

I do not know any computer design program, I'm just a user; that is why I ask this forum: How many programs do I have to know to build the infrastructure of an airport (of this airport)?

Can I request e-mail from some specific users through this forum, and also provide mine?

Regards: Delfin

Redownload LEST - I just added a couple of buildings. If you think that sort of thing improves it more can be added.

There is a problem with EDDF. I think the number of buildings overloaded my system.

See http://www.fscloudport.com/icao/eddf.htm and click View TSC and you can see the objects list is empty. The object list holds all modelled elements including the runways.

I need to recode this anyway since IPACS improved the way objects can be referenced so I'll do that ASAP.

edit yep, lots going on there

delfinpm - I don't know what airport you tried so no idea what the problem is. I suspect the filepath as the EDDF issue is very rare.

IZ0JUB - As above. Not all airports have buildings though. Does the summary (see below) say it has buildings?