Posts by ZoSoChile

I've finished my tsc-file so far that you can use it for other purposes as well. And before I make this file officially available, I would be happy if some people want to test it.

Bye from Michael

Michael, I love your work you've done on starting positions for the carrier, very impressive!

I've made a few fixes and adjustments to the carrier model:

Fixed all the runway edges so there is no collisions or sinking below deck.

Added two catapults decals back to the front of carrier.

Added a simple night texture

Removed/moved a few Crew members

Download Nimitz Carrier Fix Remove/overwrite old folder. For additional Starting Positions download Michael or Jan's .tsc files.

Jan we could have used you during development ;) I find the whole lowercase work flow kind of a shame, just to suite Mac users, what year is it? I can rework the missing gap in the flight deck. Non the less thanks for the tips and advice. Now we need a flying space shuttle :)

I've recently been flying XPlane 11 in VR and I did all the setting adjustments and tweaks to boost performance. At first it was nice to fly with different lighting, clouds, moving traffic, etc. But the moment I got to anywhere populated my computer was struggling to achieving just 20-25 fps. You can just forget flying Downtown London because that was around 8 to 10 fps <X. This to me is a 1st world problem :D

It really makes me appreciate that Aerofly can actually provide a quality VR experience. I honestly don't want go back to anything else (VR wise)

If other sims can't perform with current headsets, then they might not stand a chance with Higher Resolution headsets in the future. Here's to hoping other sims can optimize and improve to the Aerofly standard.

The fix came from redo doing the landing deck. Thanks to TomSimMuc for acquire the working file. The original had holes and double faced surface. Alot of crazy detail was inside the carrier that needed to be delete to save some room. Soo many textures involved that it made converting a long process.

Interested to see what you are doing to the carrier. To answer your question, I don't think you can remove the landing positions as they are more internally placed once you place a starting position.

I 100% agree with you Fabs. Everything in AF2 files is encrypted making it hard to customize the little things. This method IPACS uses also compresses the toc files down to a smaller size, saving alot of room. Have you used the Photo detect trees method? That would be your best bet. You could probably get the Grid area covered and edited within a day or two (yes I know that long) then fine tune edit your trees in Nabeel's scenery editor.

I might be able to help you with the trees because I too edited San Francisco awhile ago. ( I find myself saying this in alot of peoples posts but it's true :D)

I went the Detect Trees From Photo method and I even edited out all the main problem areas. Unfortunately I deleted the TOC file when I reinstalled AF2.

But I still do have the work folder I made! 8)

This helps ScenProc not place any trees in the blue areas.

Working Folder

If you know how to use Detect Trees Through Photos, then I can send these to you. I unfortunately cannot help you since I have a few personal projects that I really would like to get done.

Or perhaps some other wonderful fellow Aerofly user can take over and convert the area making it better? Community Project???

Here are the three main work folders covering Map_10_28c0_9d00 area.

North San Fran

Mid San Fran

South San Fran

As of right now The Reverb is the highest resolution headset out right now. I would stick with it and keep waiting. I would like one as well, but like you said they are fixing the big issue right now and of course no other company is offering that high of resolution yet. I am a big fan of OLED though. Night and Day color difference compared to LCD panels, and well I believe Reverb is LCD?

There were quite a few areas like the top image. Along with a few elevation spikes in the air.

Mesh can usual be a hit or miss, given some data has gaps. I would love to know the method to smooth or remove problem areas in elevation data.

Please can somebody help me ...

1. Enough Storage on your end?

2. Data Cap?

3. Something wrong with Flight-Sim.org?

The 'Images' folder takes up 5. 04 GB and the 'places' folder takes up 444 MB

Can you private message me with some screen shots of the "places" folder you've downloaded?

Perhaps I can send you the missing folders you need.